• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 5.1 surround NOT working when i play Mp3's.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DannyHead86

Hey guys.
Today i got those logitech x-530 speakers and when i play songs the surround doesnt work but when i play games it does. In the Realtek HD Audio Manager i can select which speaker i want to test and they all work that way but when i go to play a song only the front speakers work and the sub.. Some one please help me..

That would be because mp3s don't support 5.1. They will be in stereo. There might be a setting in your Realtek Audio Manager to auto detect when there is a stereo signal and emulate 5.1. I don't have my machine in front of me for more information but I would look through the different tabs to see if there is an option.

There is an option to expand stereo in the HD audio manager. Ac3filter can do this as well as ffdshow.

Ok well i put an original music CD in and there is still no 5.1 sound coming out. i have mucked around with the settings and i cant seem to get them all working.. suggestions anyone??

Back