• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 compatibility with eSATA and BIOS triple post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alligiant

I have recently built my computer. I have been able to use the eSATA port to connect my WD 1tb hard drive but as soon as I updated to .Net Framework 4.0 my eSATA port stopped recognizing my hard drive. I connected using the USB port and it worked fine. So, I installed the JMicron driver from Asus website but with no luck. Then I did a system restore to a point when I didn't have Framework 4.0 and the hard drive worked perfectly. Does anyone know what's the reason behind this issue and how to fix it?

Also, I have the dual post issue. The hdd led stays on until the system boots into Windows. After doing some research on it, I figured out that it usually is resolved after updating the BIOS to Version 0501. My Motherboard came with 0501 preloaded, so it has to be something else in my case. In addition to that, if I keep my external WD hard drive plugged in through the eSATA port when the system boots up, I will get triple post. My current boot order is 1. Internal HDD 2. DVD rom. Any kind of help about it would be greatly appreciated.

Spec:
Intel Core i5-2500k
ASUS p8z68-V Pro
EVGA GTS 450 (Superclocked)
Western Digital 1tb Cavier Black (Internal)
Western Digital 1tb (External) with eSATA, Firewire and USB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Shortly after I posted the thread above, my WD hard drive abruptly stopped working again. This time I haven't installed framework 4.0. At this point I don't have a clue what is causing this problem. I did a quick search and found only one similar post but no one knew how to fix the issue. by the way, the drive still works fine over USB.

"Western Digital 1tb eSATA disappearing"

WD drives and eSata going missing are well represented in that thread there. A couple of peeps issues were fixed by setting hard drive turn off to unchecked in power management for drives. But that did not fix many peeps issues. I really did not see many cures after the thing got started doing the going missing.

Last edited:
I finally got it to working but I am not sure if it is a permanent solution. This is what I did. Let windows download all the updates including Framework 4.0 and all the related updates. Then I uninstalled the JMicron and the Marvell drivers. WD hard drive seems to be working fine since last night. Haven't had an issue with it just yet. Will post again with updates.

Back