• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Sabertooth P67 BIOS 1606 x64 frequently rebooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qfox

Registered
greetings....

my specs:
ASUS sabertooth p67 current bios is 1606 x64
i7-2600k stock 3400Ghz
8GB dual channel DDR3 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24-2 @1.5V
500GB WD HDD
Thermaltake Evo-Blue 750W power supply
MSI GTX570 stock 750/1500/2000 Mhz (stock cooling)
CPU Cooling custom WC single loop
OS Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1

my system always rebooting even at windows idle, or even configuring my bios:bang head:bang head:bang head. my current bios setup are mostly in default except for DRAM timing and DRAM voltage. i notice every time while in windows i receive a pop out message showing +3.3V is 2.960V or even lower sometimes 2.8something

even in the bios it is showing +3.3V is 2.960V
i will attached the screenshot from my bios, just inform me if the image size is not allowed here.

111003174123.png

Last edited:
nobody encounters this same problem???? i will try to downgrade to 1502 and hope it will boot to windows.

You waited not even ten minutes. Give people time and people will give you advice. It is not instant.

But try updating the bios. Also try a new CMOS battery. :)

You waited not even ten minutes. Give people time and people will give you advice. It is not instant.

But try updating the bios. Also try a new CMOS battery. :)

thank you for your response but maybe i'm the only experiencing that kind of problem with the low +3.3V anyhow i downgrade bios to 1502 and re-seated all from cpu, RAM, gpu and now currently watching online observing if it will reboot.
soon i will try to play crysis2, METRO2033 and some heavy games if it will encounter the same reboot problem.

currently all at stock frequency (cpu & gpu), bios settings are all default even my RAM modules are in AUTO (bios give 9-9-9-28 1) AUTO voltage also. my RAM module sticker shows 9-9-9-24 and in g.skill website it shows 9-9-9-24 2N. maybe i will try to manually configure this RAM module in BIOS sooner

currently all at stock frequency (cpu & gpu), bios settings are all default even my RAM modules are in AUTO (bios give 9-9-9-28 1) AUTO voltage also. my RAM module sticker shows 9-9-9-24 and in g.skill website it shows 9-9-9-24 2N. maybe i will try to manually configure this RAM module in BIOS sooner

Good. Try everything at stock. If it doesn't fix the issue at stock, go into BIOS and turn off "Internal PLL Overvoltage". If it is at "Auto" change it to "Disabled". This is a long shot, but it never hurts to try. Many, many, many people are having issues waking up from sleep when Internal PLL Overvoltage is "Enabled" and I am wondering if it is causing any conflicting results with your setup and issues.

Post back with results. :)

From the information provided, I see a 3.3V issue. Have you tried swapping out the power supply? A good 650W or 750W supply is what I recommend with one GTX 570.

Last edited:
As far as believing any software voltages while booted up, well I've seen them very wrong on quite a few motherboards. Get yourself a digital multi meter (DMM) and physically check the voltages coming out of the psu off the atx cable feeding the motherboard. That will give you true voltage readings and not some guess some software is making from some monitoring chips on the mobo.

As far as believing any software voltages while booted up, well I've seen them very wrong on quite a few motherboards. Get yourself a digital multi meter (DMM) and physically check the voltages coming out of the psu off the atx cable feeding the motherboard. That will give you true voltage readings and not some guess some software is making from some monitoring chips on the mobo.
That's good engineering practice if he has an accurate multimeter for measurement. The 3.3V supply powers the sense circuit which seems to be the best place to start for his issue. I have the same model mobo and the voltage reporting seems to be accurate.

maybe the mobo is shutting down coz it can sense a wrong voltage from its sensors.

That 3.3v line is a bit low. That said, I agree with mudd as far as software reporting voltages wrong at times. It may be accurate, but I surely wouldnt trust it...even if ONE other person claims his are accurate (assuming he tested them...).

That said, how old is that Thermaltake Evo Blue? Seems like it got OK reviews so the unit is solid. But maybe its just seen better days? I would spend $20 on a MM before I go spend another $100 on PSU on a guess.

OK Review:
The overall performance of the Evo Blue 750W unit is simply acceptable, which isn’t a very good thing to say about a product in this price range.

thank you for your response but maybe i'm the only experiencing that kind of problem with the low +3.3V anyhow i downgrade bios to 1502 and re-seated all from cpu, RAM, gpu and now currently watching online observing if it will reboot.
soon i will try to play crysis2, METRO2033 and some heavy games if it will encounter the same reboot problem.

so i did as per the quoted above and i did not encounter problem for 2 days until last night while playing SC2 campaign the problem started again. AI-suite monitoring poping window showing low +3.3V until the system shuts down again. cannot enter bios also it's cycling on and off so what i did i press this little switch "MEM OK" in the mobo so that i can enter the bios.

i removed my psu from my machine and tried it on a different machine and it's not showing this low +3.3V (just tried to enter the bios not actually used the psu for long duration on the other system. coz i just disturb my colleague to try my psu on his system)

so i return my psu to my system manage to enter bios and tried to flash the 1606 bios back again but still giving me low +3.3V now i try to remove one of my RAM stick (now currently running on single RAM stick @9-9-9-24-2 1.5V manually configure in the bios) so far the reading for +3.3V is +3.25max

if i will not encounter the same reboot problem running on a single stick, i will swap the other stick that i removed and i will observe again. i will keep an update here for the results.

update:
i continue my SC2 campaign (currently running on a single RAM stick) and haven't encounter the reboot problem as well as the vdrop on my +3.3V.
i will continue playing and post some update later

Last edited:
Hey qfox, I am having similar problems with a damn Asus board too, but an X58 based one. My P6T I have in my heatsink test system started doinbg ths crap yesterday. And checking the hardware monitor page in bios, it's showing all 3 rails as whacked out. And I did break out my DMM and the psu is feeding the correct voltages to the board. And IIRC, the hardware monitor page in bios used to only show 1 rail as being whack. I am thinking something is crapping out on my P6T board and causing this. If yours keeps this up, you might think of replacing it or at least get an RMA going on it. I'm planning to RMA my P6T if I can find the receipt.

that is also my last option to RMA my mobo, this troubleshooting thing is kind of annoying already without solid info on how to solve it

however the RMA thing will take time and I don't have other mobo around to use. that's why i'm still trying to figure out what causing this ASUS mobo problem until my replacement mobo arrives (planning to get another ASUS mobo hope it will not give me the same problem)

Last edited:
@EarthDog:
can you give me an idea where to test this voltage output. (in the 24-pin, in the 8-pin mobo power supply)

let's say the psu is giving proper output voltage, we can eliminate it then what's the next part to test?

thanks for the link. i will try to test now.

Yeah, download an ISO of Memtest86 and make a test disc of it. Boot with the disc you made and let it make at least 2 passes. If you have any errors, then memory is probably your problem. In my case, this wasn't the problem since it made 2 error-free passes with Memtest86.

Back