• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Green LED or UV PSU's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YouSirName

Registered
So I'm working on ordering the components for my first build and have a $1500 budget. That said I have about $200 left for a PSU. I really want to make my components match colors and am going with a Green/Black color scheme. I'm trying to find a green PSU that really makes my case stand out without sacrificing performance. I want at least 750w. Can anyone direct me towards a LED modding tutorial or a green PSU. I really like the style below but it's very outdated (2006) and only 500w.
ULT31560-a.jpg

Xfx I believe has what you are looking for though waaay less tacky than what is pictured above.

Also o strongly suggest a quality Psu vs onethat fits your look. Your other components will thank you.

That said check out the case section for some led tutorials.

Good luck!

Xfx I believe has what you are looking for though waaay less tacky than what is pictured above.

Also o strongly suggest a quality Psu vs onethat fits your look. Your other components will thank you.

That said check out the case section for some led tutorials.

Good luck!
Funny I was actually just looking at that one. Yeah I know that PSU is shih.

Are you kidding? I love that thing! Flat out glorious!

IMO the thing to do is buy a good PSU, and add LEDs for whatever colors you want.

I know it looks good but it was discontinued nearly 5 years ago. In fact it was the first fully modular PSU. All I was saying is there are much better PSU's on the market today rather than 5 years ago.

Back