• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P867 Deluxe BSOD'ing/Rebooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rymonk

Hey all I have an issue with a friends PC and have just run out of ideas I feel I'm overlooking something.

Basically he has an old IBUYPOWER PC and upgraded his mobo, proc, memory, and specs are as follows:

Asus P867 Deluxe Mobo
I7-2600K
12GB DDR3 1333 Memory
Nvidia 560 TI Graphics
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB

Now here's the issue it boots up shows the asus screen, Maravell sata raid controller screen, then starts doing the windows vista boot where it has that progression bar and just as it seems to be done it BSOD's and restarts itself over again in an never ending cycle.

Now I"ve tried the following:

Different Power supply, Different hardrive with a fresh copy of Win 7, Redoing the Pin sets on the Mobo (like power, reset, ect pins), taking memory out, and leaving two in and trying every 2 slots with pairs of memory. Reguardless of what I do it keeps doing the BSOD screen for an instant like 1 sec or less then reboots itself. Anyone know what else it could be? I'm leaning torwards a bad mobo but dunno figuired I'd get advice before jumping on it.

First off :welcome: to the forums.
To address your problem, there could be quite a few possibilities.

Did you do the win 7 install on the computer, or on another machine and move the drive over? This could very well be causing your problem.

What power supply are you using? If it is one of the crappy ones that OEM uses or one that was free in a case, then it could be causing problems when you are placing load on the computer (booting).

Is the ram good? Pull the ram and test it in another system. If there is no other system to test it in, then just install it 1 stick at a time and try to boot.

Is the system overclocked? If it is, set it back to stock and try again to reboot. Check all settings (memory and processor).

Is the processor installed correctly/ heatsink properly seated? If the heatsink you have installed (be it an intel or aftermarket) if not properly contacting the processor will cause it to overheat under load and shut off.

Are all the power connections securely installed? Check the 4/8 pin cpu power, 20/24 pin board power, and 6 pin gpu power cables.

If none of these things lead you to the problem, then you will need to find someone with a similar setup to test the board and cpu (swap them around). I hope this helps you out.

Try setting the hard drive to IDE instead of ACHI and see if that helps.

My system boot loops with AHCI but IDE is just fine. I can't remember if its achi or ahci lol but w/e im tired its 4am, hope this helps.

Also you could test with 1 stick of ram <3

Back