• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AOC E2243FW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Parvic

Registered
Was wondering if anyone had any experiences with AOC?
in particular mentioned(E2243FW) as i've received a somewhat great deal on mentioned(~USD 160 and on a ~USD 350 budget, but living in Denmark, where you usually get 'raped' trying to buy any electronics).
one of my concerns is that its only 22"(21,5) and i was mainly looking for a 24/23".
So i was thinking purhaps get 2. But then, would this cause too much stress on GPU(either 570 or 580, thats not certain either).

So, is the brand decent?
Is the screen worth it, gaming mainly?
is 2 screen sucky, or would it be just awesome?

Help a 'green' guy get into all this :)

I'm not a monitor expert but I do have that monitor (had three actually) alongside my 27.5" Hanns G.

Here are some things to know

- Black's have a blueish tint, I have my desktop background as solid black and it looks a lot more like dark blue than black, especially compared to my other monitor.
- Colors seem fine to me, they may actually look better than my current monitor.
- When viewing a white background, things appear to be "sparkly"
- The viewing angles seem pretty good for a TN panel
- Text appears a little more crisp/less jagged because of the higher pixel density and smaller screen size. When gaming however, aliasing is still pretty noticeable, and 2xAA is not enough for me.

That's about all I can think of, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

That's about all I can think of, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Thank you very much! Awesome to find one actually owing the screen :thup:

If you were to use only 1 of them for gaming, would that feel too small for you?
How wide are the edges of the screen? (thinking, if i were to combine 2, for a wider image, would that be too annoying)
How flimsy is the stand? -cause i tend to be a bit clumsy and at times hitting stuff while trying to find other stuff at my desktop, could i risk tipping them over?

Last edited:
Your eyes should quickly adjust, I mean honestly right now I wouldn't play on it since I have a bigger screen right next to it but before it was just fine. I had three in eyefinity and playing on one would feel a bit small, but that's because I went from having my peripheral vision immersed to none, but I played some games for many hours on just one screen just fine.

The bezel is around 1.5 cm wide. Having two to try to play games on is definitely not ideal, even if you tuck one monitor behind the other you still have this thick line in the middle of all your games.

The monitor does seem to wobble around with very small force, but that is just the screen part. Everything is in the base which is heavy and you probably would not accidentally tip them over.

I got 3x e2343F AOC's, and i gotta say, i love them!

The AOC's are cheap and good. I live in Denmark too, and paid about 1200kr per monitor, which is a great price for what you get.

But i suggest you look around on edbpriser.dk.

What is you budget, and how many monitors you looking to buy? Just 1?

I got 3x e2343F AOC's, and i gotta say, i love them!

The AOC's are cheap and good. I live in Denmark too, and paid about 1200kr per monitor, which is a great price for what you get.

But i suggest you look around on edbpriser.dk.

What is you budget, and how many monitors you looking to buy? Just 1?

Im only looking to buy 1 monitor. Guess budget would be DKK <1700,- (USD ~300)

Im currently trying to bargain my way into a 'wholesale' pc incl. screen. those are AOC 23" aswell, haven't received a modelnumber thou.(quite important imo)

Im only looking to buy 1 monitor. Guess budget would be DKK <1700,- (USD ~300)

Im currently trying to bargain my way into a 'wholesale' pc incl. screen. those are AOC 23" aswell, haven't received a modelnumber thou.(quite important imo)

1700, you can get alotta monitor for that!

1700, you can get alotta monitor for that!
ya, well.
i've been looking and looking and looking at reviews. and instead of getting any wiser, im just getting more and more confused/frustrated... haha :confused:
Any recommendations are very much appreciated. (dont have to reach 'budget' :p )

ya, well.
i've been looking and looking and looking at reviews. and instead of getting any wiser, im just getting more and more confused/frustrated... haha :confused:
Any recommendations are very much appreciated. (dont have to reach 'budget' :p )

Well i really love my e2343F, stylish, thin (12,9mm) but its also how you want it.

Is is for gaming? I do think you should stick to 23" or above.

Well i really love my e2343F, stylish, thin (12,9mm) but its also how you want it.

Is is for gaming? I do think you should stick to 23" or above.

yup, gaming primarily.
i've also considered that 21" would be too small, but it was an easy/cheap get.

How's your display gaming wise?

Here you can take alook at how it is, i find them very good for gaming, but im not that BIG on gaming, so maybe not the best to answer that.

i think i've decided to go with the AOC e2343F.
Since you recommend it, and others too. then there's ofc the price. Im able to get it for around DKK 1050,- wich is rather nice.

Back