• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggesting a kit or separate components

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlExAlExAlEx

Registered
I've been looking at a simple water cooling system, the problem is that not that many companies deliver to Romania and those that do, for example frozen cpu ask 300$ for it(not the kit, just the transport) thing that is absurd by any standards.
Recently, I saw a nice water cooling kit on amazon.com with just 20$ transport fee.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A1S9W9A986D3KF

People told me that it can help me shave off 20*C off my curent temps, I'l be willing to spend up to 200$ on a decent kit(or seperate parts) if it had a big diffrence(20*C or up), if anyone has any recommandations(preferably amazon.com since I know their shipping fee) it would be nice if they would share them with me.

200$ is just an arbitrary number, I would get over it but I think that everything over 250$ is a bit overkill? or is it just me?

Last edited:
The rasa is a nice kit but its not going to shave 20c off an NHD-14. maybe 8-10 at most but we don't know what your setup is, you should try to put your pc stats in your signature so anyone looking at the thread would know what you are working with.

115$ for "Parcel Surface, 1 to 3 months " WOW.At least 1 month to 3 and still paying 115$.

This guys are plain insane.

So what you're saying is that you want to build a custom loop instead of buying a weak kit? Excellent! New thread time.

That's okay. You live close to Germany, France, and Italy. Getting parts won't be hard at all.

You're not going to get the kind of temperature drop you're looking for with the rasa over the NHD-14, a 120.3 rad might shave off about 10c or so though and would be a lot quieter, but from what I understand the 2500/2600's don't really clock too much higher on water than they do on air.

What kind of temperatures are you getting with the NHD-14?

Yeah, doubt it would take more than 10c off that, most systems I see at 4.8 to 5ghz run around 70-75 under full load with water.

We're talking about a 2500k here though, not really a hot chip. If you're breaking 70 load with water, something is wrong; either you have a really high ambient, not enough rad, or there's a flow issue.

@4.9GHz/1.44v, my 2600K (HT on of course!) peaks@65°C with Prime95 Blend and a 24°C ambient.
@5GHZ/1.49v, it's 69°C Prime95 Blend.
@5.3GHz/1.59v, it's 82°C (just tried that for testing purpose).

See WC setup in rig sig.

We're talking about a 2500k here though, not really a hot chip. If you're breaking 70 load with water, something is wrong; either you have a really high ambient, not enough rad, or there's a flow issue.

then I stand corrected, it would take of about 15c, which is pretty significant, not the 20c he wants but I think its close enough.

Back