• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trekky

ok i read this http://www.overclockers.com/step-guide-overclock-amd-phenom/
it was very help full
i am using what in my sig
but... i was told i could get this bad boy to 4.4ghz
really at $100 your not getting into WC, you can get some of the sealed system LC setups like the H100 but IMO those are not really a WC setup. If I were going to go so far as to deal with one of those sealed systems the H100 is probably the only one I would bother with.

I decided to take a poke at HW bot to see what average H2O clockspeeds with an 1100t are and it looks like about 4.4ghz is where it tends to max out.

so i was read the part about Overclocking with Black Edition

and he said to "increase the CPU-Multi by 1" so i did that till it maxed out at 19.5 multi till this happened "Repeat wPrime test then repeat CPU speed increase until either one of two things happen; either the system becomes unstable due to lack of voltage, or the CPU will get too hot." so i up the voltage to 1.45 i got it to 21.5 multi and ran wPrime 32m ran good then opened intel burn test to run the stress test and in about 2 mins i got the BSOD and temp at MAX 55c ( was using ASRock ETU to check temps)

i think i need to increase the CPU-NB and HTT and CPU-NB voltage but i dont know how with AOD heres some pics
ScreenShot001.jpg

as you can see it the pics the CPU-NB multi is locked for some reason.

please help me with OCing my CPU. my target is 4.3ghz to 4.4ghz

any help will be very nice :) (maybe ever a walk thru to fully help me OC my CPU)

and yes my turbo is off

4.3-4.4 is probably a bit optimistic, at least on air cooling. By the way, you did not mention what you are cooling the CPU with.

Are you overclocking with AMDOverdrive?

Why do you say you're CPU-NB is locked? I can't tell that from the picture of the AMDOD interface. And it will not change when you use the multiplier to overclock like it would if you were using the fsb. Same is true for the HT Link frequency. When overclocking with the multiplier these two would need separate attention.

Have you tried manipulating these things in bios? We do not recommend using overclocking software or genies to overclock. They cannot be trusted to give accurate reports about frequencies and voltages. AMDOD is especially bad about this.

Cooler is in sig

ya im using AMDOverdrive but not for a perment OC im doing what the guide tell me to do

i want a stable OC in AOD before i go BIOS ( 1st OC EVER!)
intel burn gives me a error in about 2 mins but Wprime 32m runs perfect with no errors

do you have a pointers? to OC my CPU like what to set my CPU-NB at? and HTT

oh the HT ref. clock is lock too can touch it at all

AMDOD is not a good stability tester. It's too easy on the CPU. If you insist on using AMDOD to overclock, you may not get much help around here. That program is just too buggy! IMO you are adding an extra degree of uncertainty and difficulty to the task by going about it that way. CPUNB may not be locked in bios even if it is in AMDOD.

Also, please put info about your case and case ventilation: make, model of case plus number and size of fans.

Last edited:
Like Trents has mentioned 4.4GHZ might be a bit optimistic. My 1090T topped out at 4276MHZ ......12hours + Stable on Prime. I came close with 4.376 but never was able to get it stable past 2 hours and temps and voltage were getting pretty up there for my liking. I am not sure how much better if any the 100T will clock, suppose time will tell.

AMDOD is not a good stability tester. It's too easy on the CPU. If you insist on using AMDOD to overclock, you may not get much help around here. That program is just too buggy! IMO you are adding an extra degree of uncertainty and difficulty to the task by going about it that way. CPUNB may not be locked in bios even if it is in AMDOD.

Also, please put info about your case and case ventilation: make, model of case plus number and size of fans.

please read my full post.
i said im not going to use AOD for 24/7 OC. i will go into BIOS later
like i said i used Intel burn test for a stability tester not AOD it cant ever run for 2 mins before i get a error
im going to try OCing in the BIOS

heres my case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811162037
it has one 250mm intake and one 120mm intake
and 1 120mm exhaust and both of the 120mm fans on ther H100 are exhaust got 4 fans on the H100

Like Trents has mentioned 4.4GHZ might be a bit optimistic. My 1090T topped out at 4276MHZ ......12hours + Stable on Prime. I came close with 4.376 but never was able to get it stable past 2 hours and temps and voltage were getting pretty up there for my liking. I am not sure how much better if any the 100T will clock, suppose time will tell.

can you tell me what you are running the HTT and CPU NB at? + what your multi?

From another post trying AoD and 1090T cpu.

Also, overdrive isn't the best utility to use to overclock. To monitor and to make slight adjustments later made in the bios, its a good program. Overclocking is best done in the bios.

What Overdrive also lacks is the ability to overclock the CPU-NB. Overclocking the CPU-NB really makes these CPUs shine.

From another post trying AoD and 1090T cpu.

Also, overdrive isn't the best utility to use to overclock. To monitor and to make slight adjustments later made in the bios, its a good program. Overclocking is best done in the bios.

What Overdrive also lacks is the ability to overclock the CPU-NB. Overclocking the CPU-NB really makes these CPUs shine.

do you think i can go to 4.3 ghz if i up the CPU NB?

Odds of seeing 4.3Ghz? 35% yes. 65% no.

I will add this. "Trents" has helped many many with overclocking the AMD cpu. Really is hard working in the forum posts themselves. But he will not be offering more help as long as you remain with AOD. I know this and he has already made posts to that effect previously.

please read my full post . . .

I did. What I meant to communicate was that I think using AMDOD as the starting point for your overclock and then moving to the bios for tweaking is not a good strategy. As RGone indicated, it would be better done the other way around. In my experience, AMDOD's main usefulness is determining what the CPUNB stock voltage is. It seems to report that accurately on the "NB" slider off to the lower right hand corner. I have not found it useful for much else. It does not report frequencies and voltages accurately otherwise, especially when you move settings off of stock in bios.

I would not change the CPUNB settings at the outset of the overclocking process. That should come towards the end after you have roughed out what your final overclock CPU frequency will be working only with CPU mulitplier and core voltage. Good overclocking is done in small increments, working (in so far as is possible) one variable at a time. When you have gained experience you can take a few shortcuts but its more important to get the discipline down before you go there. Some guys just don't have the patience for it, however, and either don't get a good high, stable overclock or they fry stuff.

Here is the method I suggest for you. Put everything back to stock frequencies and voltages. The first steps are as follows:
1. Download and install CPU-z, HWMonitor, and Prime95. These are software tools we rely on heavily around here.
2. Check your processor core temps at stock settings to get an idea of how much overclocking headroom you might have from a temp perspective. Core temps are are the number one limiting factor in overclocking. This preliminary step will also expose problems like heatsink/water blocks being improperly seated or poor case ventilation.

To check maximum stock setting core temps, open HWMonitor on your desktop and leave it open. Then run Prime 95 blend test for 20 minutes. Please do this now and report back to us with pics of HWMonitor.

By the way, I note that you have 16gb of ram installed. What apps do you run that you need that much ram? I promise you that much ram will limit your overclock as it puts extra strain on the integrated memory controller.

hes the core temps at stock
before test
ScreenShot004.jpg
after test
ScreenShot005.jpg

and about the 16gb of ram do i need them well yes and no
yes as in i want to OC my computer in a way for when later when i start using that ram i dont have to mess around with my OC

no as in im not using 16gb of ram right now but will use later (8 is too little 12gb is just right)

and right after the test it drop 10C in about 10secs

okay, your temps are great. Now repeat the exercise (20 minute Prime blend tests) while raising the multiplier .5x at a time until you can't pass the 20 minute test without dropping a worker or getting BSOD. Then bump up the core voltage a little as necessary in order to pass the test again. Report back with pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD" and HWMonitor. Monitor core temps with each test. The core temp limit is around 55 C with regard to stability.

Last edited:
here i got it to 19.5 multi then a worker failed then i up the voltage to 1.35 (stock is 1.30) after i up the voltage it passed with no errors

oh when i was in the BIOS my memory is set to AUTO and auto set my memory to 800 and my memory is a 1366 memory, should i set it to manual and make it to 1366?
heres pics
ScreenShot002-1.jpg
ScreenShot003-1.jpg
ScreenShot004-1.jpg

Yes, put the memory to 666/1333 (It will sometimes be expressed as 666 instead of 1333 because 666 is the memory bus speed and 1333 is the DDR3 transfer rate). But make sure the "Auto" timings under CPU-z "Memory" tab correspond to the third from the left column in the CPU-z "SPD" tab, not the timings under the "XMP" column, which are overclocked memory timings. Also, bump your ram voltage up from 1.5 to 1.55.

After that, start increasing the CPU multiplier again and run the 20 minute Prime blend tests as before, adding a little vcore as necessary to stabilize it after the next failed test. Post pics as before. At that point we'll switch gears a little bit.

ok im looking in my BIOS and how do you change the Vcore voltage?
IMG_0026.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg
i did not change any of the voltage off from auto (except for the DRAM)

(sorry for bad res using my Ipod)

It's not in that section of the bios represented by your pics. "vcore" is our shorthand for the main CPU voltage, i.e. the voltage to the CPU processing cores. You already bumped it from 1.3 to 1.35 earlier. How did you do it then?

It's under "CPU Configuration: CPU Voltage" in your bios. Make sure your Overclock mode is set to "Manual" instead of "Auto" or you won't see all the bios options.

Last edited:
Back