• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slipstream error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

South_paw

Registered
Attempting to slipstream XP pro w/ sp2 or sp3 to get past a bsod setup due to pci-e. I'm recving the attached error when I use either nlite or do a manual slipstream. The system I'm using for the slipstream has sp3 loaded as well.

Suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• sp2 error.JPG
    sp2 error.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 25
It sounds like the version of SP2 you are trying to slipstream is in a different language than the XP source files language.

Y, thanks. Not sure why it would occur, the XP version is english and I assume a standard service pk dload would support english as well. Each service pk installed fine on the system I was using for the slipstream.

Did you download the service pack from download center? You specify the language when you download it there:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/default.aspx

Otherwise, there is something wrong with the source media you have for windows, a bug in nlite, or a problem with the manual process you are following to slipstream. I'd guess its possible the source version of windows you are using may not be genuine, and that has something to do with the problem.

Back