• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two New 1100T's to O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGrace

Just got two new 1100T's ordered off newegg on black friday special. I have a Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 heatsink and fan here already (boxed, not used). I intend to O/C at least one of the 1100T's (mine of course), but not to an extent where I will get any form of instability. I am not doing it for a hobby, just to get more bang out of my buck. So easy is good, cheap is better.

So, I need some opinions:

Is the Rosewill ok to O/C with? I am comfy with getting a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019 if need be, but obviously saving money is better. Getting this allows me to move the Rosewill to the other one and maybe O/C a little.

The only caveat is that the other one is in a HP case, so there may be space issues. Dunno yet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

Zalman CNPS9700 LED heatsink easily gives the stock Intel Pentium D socket 775 heatsink a run for its money. It also outperforms the stock socket AM2 AVC Z7U7414001 heatsink by a fair margin
source

I would say its probably about even with the cooler that comes with the 1100T so thats not exactly an upgrade. That sink was alright back in the day but these 125w chips are a different monster.

That roswell is probably ok but its not a quiet heatsink, if that doesnt bother you then have at it.
performance data HERE you can see its ranked pretty close to the bottom but still a decent sink.

It ought to beat the stock cooler by a little bit, and you can OC at least a little bit even on the stock cooler.

Rosewill is 32 degrees better than stock... so I think that's at least a start. I think if that fits in the smaller computer I may get another one, since they are only 18 bucks.

That list is phenomenal. It allows me to make a decision by comparing cost to performance for my own personal level of comfort. That rocks.

I am settling on getting the CoolerMaster 212 EVO. Hope it fits in my main rig and the Rosewill (smaller) fits in the smaller rig.

Thanks!

Back