• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Performance Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigtyme07

All of the components in my computer are listed in my signature below, but my inquisition is that my friend has a computer in a mid tower case he has a Nvidia GTS 260 I think, 4 GB of ram and a simple i7 and a torrented version of Windows 7... and that's it. My computer obviously has more high performance stuff in every aspect but my buddy's computer feels so much faster on the internet and doing simple tasks however mine is obviously better in gaming. I never go on malicious sites and I have the same antivirus as him. Also my cpu is overclocked to 4ghz... It's not a huge ordeal but I'm a little confused.

i think most people have bypassed this one because you mentioned a torrented (not legal) copy of Windows installed on the other computer.

However, as for your issue, which is related to your computer, and not his, I'll see if I can help.

1. Could be an issue of "the grass is greener" syndrome.

2. What software (especially security software and software at boot) are you running in comparison to him?

3. Is he running a SSD vs. a HDD?

All of the components in my computer are listed in my signature below, but my inquisition is that my friend has a computer in a mid tower case he has a Nvidia GTS 260 I think, 4 GB of ram and a simple i7 and a torrented version of Windows 7... and that's it. My computer obviously has more high performance stuff in every aspect but my buddy's computer feels so much faster on the internet and doing simple tasks however mine is obviously better in gaming. I never go on malicious sites and I have the same antivirus as him. Also my cpu is overclocked to 4ghz... It's not a huge ordeal but I'm a little confused.

What's a 'simple' i7. The most basic i7 is the bloomfield which is what you've got. *for desktop

Hard drive/storage speeds are usually what makes a computer "feel" fast. He might also have a higher quality internet package then you.

Back