• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC mobility 4650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roruman

Hello,I am new here,I hope this is the correct forum to post my question.

I have a sony vaio laptop,with a HD mobility 4650.It is underclocked to 450 mhz core speed and 600 mhz memory.I tried various tools to overclock it and monitor temperatures.I've read that this gpu has good results with oc.So I tried 600 mhz core(+150) and 800 mhz memory(+200).At first it gave me black screen and I had to reboot.After some time,when I use rivatuner it worked fine,and I got 10+(!!) fps improvement.I could play skyrim at 1080p at 33 fps without drops.Before the OC it was at 14-22 max.

The temperature was not increased that much,it was around 70-72 which I think is the same as the stock clock temperature.The only other game I tried was Bulletstorm which gave me 81 C temperature but it turned out it was the same without the OC.(idle temp is 48-50)

Well.I am new to OC and I really ask for your advice as I dont want to burn my laptop,but I feel it could be a viable gaming solution until I make a desktop pc.But I can live with 720p and 30-40something fps if it is totally unsafe.Generally I've heard many times that ocing laptops is a big no,so what do you think?

Back