• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annoying display issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Hey folks. First time I've posted on here in a while, but I have been having this annoying display issue that I just can't seem to figure out.

Specs:
e8400
Asus P5G41C-M
2x1gb DDR2
ATI 4850 512mb video card
AOC 2243FW monitor

The problem I am having is occasionally my screen resolution resets to 1400x1050, when my monitor is default 1900x1080. The weird part is that my default resolution is no longer an option on my settings. I've reinstalled the graphics driver to the latest one (.11 something) and it seems to amplify the problem more consistently. I've done the whole driver cleaning process too.

Right now I am going to try 11.7 driver, and undo the small OC I have on it (its only running at 3.2ghz). See what I can come up with. Hopefully you guys can help steer me in the right direction! :)

Ok I uninstall/reinstalled the driver with no luck. Also running it back to factor settings (reset the cmos in the bios), so no OC of any sort.

Still the same issue. My monitors default resolution still isn't showing up =/

Just so I am clear... this issue just started happening recently. My computer worked fine, and I didn't change a single thing (driver/software wise) before this problem started occurring.

Ok problem fixed! Found out that the cable on my monitor wasn't pushed in all of the way. Fixed that and everything works good as new again!

Back