• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Q] SLI GTX 460 Holiday Upgrade!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gear.h34d.2012

Hey everyone, hope all is well. The Holidays are coming up and that means it's time for a GPU upgrade. I'm currently running the rig in my sig, and am considering moving to dual GTX 560ti's. I find myself, however, having a bit of issue understanding Nvidia's current market offering. I've been eyeing the 560ti for a few weeks now and then Nvidia lauches the 560ti 448 which I hear is nothing more than a GTX 470 with a GF110 and difference PCB. :confused:

Any opinions/information on the subject are most welcome. I'm just trying to find the upgrade that will fit me best! Thanks again guys.

Cheers :beer:

The 560ti is the updated 460, whereas the 560ti with 448 cores is a toned down 570. The 560ti with 448 cores (great name, eh?) has 448 cuda cores (go figure), while the 560ti has 384. This basically means that the 560ti with 448 cores will perform more like a 570, putting it between the 560ti and 570 performance and price-wise.
If you're looking to keep your psu, you're better off to get the two 560ti's (or go for one 580...), but if you can afford to upgrade to, say, 1000w, you're better off going with the 560ti with 448 cores.

Yeah, I get that. I've definitely been toying around with the idea of putting my 930 to work, but for what I'm doing right now (BF3), it's handling swimmingly.

Think I'm going to go with the 448, and play power consumption by ear. You've been crazy helpful dude. I'll let you know how it all turns out.:salute:

:beer:

850 should run 570SLI without issue provided its a quality unit.

Back