• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with an input device

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Hey guys, im not sure what other location on the internet to ask this.. well i guess i could goto the manufacture but i know they wil just refer me to the software, and they dont have support forums (and im not sure id want to have to make up another profile just to ask one question)

Anyway.. I have a Z-board Fang (or a Steelseries Fang as its now refereed to)

It Was working somewhat good. I had issues in Vista, but after an update from windows of all places, it actually started working good.

The inital issue was, the keys printed on the surface, didnt match the actual input command (ie, the "G" key registered as "M") After a windows update however, it corrected this issue. I also didnt have a problem in Windows 7...

That is until i installed the software. I installed the software because i wanted to set different profiles for it (or at least try to). However i uninstalled the software after trying to diagnose some issues with it where some keys were not registering.

However, even after the removal, the problem has reverted back to the old Vista issue, were some keys arnt the correct input. I installed the software on a different machine, which it registers Correctly. But when i put it back on this computer (my gaming computer) its back to the way it was.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this to get it back to the corrected values before the software install?

Yea i guess this is an obscure device lol. Its a good layout tho and doesnt force you to use software or whatever to make macros or whatnot, it just uses the same keyboard commands. Only issue is.. well the one im having with incorrect keybindings.

Its more of an annoyance really, as the keys still *work* they just arnt correct.

All I can suggest is an OS wipe and reinstall. Not sure if there is any kind of cleaner you can use.

Back