• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best combination for connectin 3 monitors on GeForce GTX 570 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danpe

Registered
Hey,

I have GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 570 - GV-N570OC-13I

And I just bought this Monitor that suppose to get to me in 5 days Samsung S23A950D

Today i'm using 2 Monitors (Samsung 931B) connected to the 2 DVI on the GPU, i want to be able to connect the 3 monitors when the new one arrives.

I read on the GIGABYTE that the GPU supports only 2 monitors, so i have my Matrox TripleHead2Go
177110-500-375.jpg

but as you see it's the old one that only supports DVI.

My question is What is the best way to connect the 3 monitors without losing quality on my HDMI monitor ?

You could run one cable to the Matrox (which goes to your existing two monitors) and then use a DVI->HDMI converter to connect your new monitor to the second port on the video card.

That will work, but wont the 2 monitors connected to the Matrox box be duplicate images?

but as you see it's the old one that only supports DVI.

My question is What is the best way to connect the 3 monitors without losing quality on my HDMI monitor ?

I think you're mistaken. DVI and HDMI are the same quality video. HDMI = DVI + Sound. :thup:

The new monitor has a DVI port as well, so just go 3 x DVI.

I think you're mistaken. DVI and HDMI are the same quality video. HDMI = DVI + Sound. :thup:

The new monitor has a DVI port as well, so just go 3 x DVI.

Thanks man you are right, look at this blog: HDMI vs DVI

So i'll connect my 3 monitors to the Matrox DVI's !

The question is if the Golden Contacts does the diffrence? :p

EDIT:

The Matrox only supports 1680x1050 ... and the monitor is 1920x1080, so i should connect the new monitor to the HDMI on the GTX 570..

Stupid question: Will the 120Hz work if i connect the monitor to the Matrox ? will i be able to see in 3D ?
--
The question is, that if i will get a sequence of monitors when connecting 1 to the 570 and 2 to the Matrox... will i be able to play Games with extended FOV on the 19" monitors ?

Last edited:
Thanks man you are right, look at this blog: HDMI vs DVI

So i'll connect my 3 monitors to the Matrox DVI's !

The question is if the Golden Contacts does the diffrence? :p

EDIT:

The Matrox only supports 1680x1050 ... and the monitor is 1920x1080, so i should connect the new monitor to the HDMI on the GTX 570..

Stupid question: Will the 120Hz work if i connect the monitor to the Matrox ? will i be able to see in 3D ?
--
The question is, that if i will get a sequence of monitors when connecting 1 to the 570 and 2 to the Matrox... will i be able to play Games with extended FOV on the 19" monitors ?

Golden contacts don't improve the quality of digital signals as long as it's not more than X meters (can't remember the maximum length of DVI cables). And DVI vs HDMI (as long as video quality goes) is the same thing, just that HDMI is smaller and, at least for me, easier to hide (yes, I also manage the cables in my desk :3)

I doubt you will able to use 120Hz or 3D with the Matrox. It seems the Matrox works by telling the card there is a x X x screen (f.ex. 3360*1050) and then separating the image in two 1680x1050 images that will go to the respective screens. I think the Matrox can't handle exotic resolutions as would be 2x 1650x1080 and 1x 1920x1080.

The sequence of monitors you could be able to get is the two Matrox screens together and then the new one. (f.ex. M1, M2, New or New, M1, M2). You have to connect the old monitors to the Matrox and the new to the GTX.

And yes, you could play games with high FOV on the 19".

Golden contacts don't improve the quality of digital signals as long as it's not more than X meters (can't remember the maximum length of DVI cables). And DVI vs HDMI (as long as video quality goes) is the same thing, just that HDMI is smaller and, at least for me, easier to hide (yes, I also manage the cables in my desk :3)

I doubt you will able to use 120Hz or 3D with the Matrox. It seems the Matrox works by telling the card there is a x X x screen (f.ex. 3360*1050) and then separating the image in two 1680x1050 images that will go to the respective screens. I think the Matrox can't handle exotic resolutions as would be 2x 1650x1080 and 1x 1920x1080.

The sequence of monitors you could be able to get is the two Matrox screens together and then the new one. (f.ex. M1, M2, New or New, M1, M2). You have to connect the old monitors to the Matrox and the new to the GTX.

And yes, you could play games with high FOV on the 19".

Thx, i see the Matrox wont be able to support the 120Hz..

So i will connect the 2 19" to the Matrox and the 23" to the GTX 570.
You said i can play high FOV games on my 19"..

Will i be able to make a setop like this: [19", 23", 19"] ?

And then play games on the 23" and extend FOV on the 2 19" ?
--

And if i'll get another GTX 570, will i be able to connect the 3 monitors to the 2 GTX 570, and then get full resolution + 120Hz + [19", 23", 19"] ?

Thx, i see the Matrox wont be able to support the 120Hz..

So i will connect the 2 19" to the Matrox and the 23" to the GTX 570.
You said i can play high FOV games on my 19"..

Will i be able to make a setop like this: [19", 23", 19"] ?

And then play games on the 23" and extend FOV on the 2 19" ?
--

And if i'll get another GTX 570, will i be able to connect the 3 monitors to the 2 GTX 570, and then get full resolution + 120Hz + [19", 23", 19"] ?

If you get another 570 then yes, you can do 19" 23" 19". But if the Matrox works how I think it works, you won't be able to do that. You must have both 19" together, because the Matrox will be detected as a single big display.

Thanks to you for joining these forums.

If you get another 570 then yes, you can do 19" 23" 19". But if the Matrox works how I think it works, you won't be able to do that. You must have both 19" together, because the Matrox will be detected as a single big display.

Thanks to you for joining these forums.

Hey, i just received the monitor.. you are right..

only 19" 19" 23" ...
So i'm gonna get another GTX 570, the question is if 100% i'll be able to
[19" 23" 19"]

And if i'll be able to extend FOV of the games with the 2 19" monitors like the i used to do with SGU with 3 19" using Matrox ?
like this:
Games Diffrences ?

Yes it will be no problem. A large portion of games are setup to be capable of doing triple monitor.

Yes, you'll be able to do that with two 570s, it's called NVIDIA surround.

I don't think you can enable 3D unless they're all 3D monitors, but I think you should still be able to do triple screen.

Yes, you'll be able to do that with two 570s, it's called NVIDIA surround.

I don't think you can enable 3D unless they're all 3D monitors, but I think you should still be able to do triple screen.

Offcouse i wont be able to 3D in all of them, i just want Serround, but you sure i will be able to make this setup: [1280x1024, 1920x1080, 1280x1024]
or [1280x1024, 1680x1050, 1280x1024] can be good also

And for 3D gaming, will i need the Nvidia 3D glasses? cuz now i'm trying to use the Samsung 3D glasses i got with the monitor and i cant use the nvidia software for this ..

Offcouse i wont be able to 3D in all of them, i just want Serround, but you sure i will be able to make this setup: [1280x1024, 1920x1080, 1280x1024]

And for 3D gaming, will i need the Nvidia 3D glasses? cuz now i'm trying to use the Samsung 3D glasses i got with the monitor and i cant use the nvidia software for this ..

I guess you don't need the nV3D glasses for 3D, and just any other glasses?

You can't use nV3D software because that's for the nV3D glasses, right?

And yes, you'll be able to mix and match resolutions as you want.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-system-requirements.html

"All displays must have a common resolution, refresh rate, and sync polarity"

I think in order to play games in 2D Surround, you'll be forced to 1280x1024 on all three monitors. This will result in a warped picture for your bigger monitor.

You can force your 5:4 monitors to run wide screen resolutions they will just have blank screen above and below the image. So you could run 3x 1280x720.

Back