• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

QuatreVignt

Hello all, I'm new here.
I am rather new to the whole computer hardware scene, as I mostly specialized in other more software related things. So, here's what I have so far, and am wondering if this would be a good setup. I'm planning this to be a gaming computer. What I'm thinking right now:

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I72600K

SAPPHIRE 100311-3SR Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

I was wondering if someone knows a good power supply that would work with this, and I also have no clue what I need for a decent motherboard and memory.

If I'm missing something, I'd appreciate it if someone points it out. Thank you for your help in advance! :)

Forgot to add, I'll probably pick out a nice Seagate for the hard drive. Any opinions on what I need for cooling it? Thanks again

if your gaming, go get a i5 2500k... you would see no huge performance gain from an i7 2600k, and you could also overclock an i5 2500k.. i5 2500k is the best bang for buck in gaming CPUs

You don't need the i7-2600k, it's really overkill for gaming. Hyper-threading on 4 cores is really only going to help in computation-heavy tasks like compression, transcoding, and rendering.

i5-2500k is good. :thup:

Back