• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest Some RED LED fans.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jameseboy

I recently got a corsair 600T and am in the process of receiving a corsair H100, now im wanting to replace the front fan with a 200mm red fan and get 3 GOOD red led fans for the radiator and the rear exhaust fan.

Can anyone suggest any decent fans which match this description? i dont want cheap crap fans, also id like them to have the 3pin connectors instead of molex connectors so that i can plug them into the h100 itself.

As for the 200MM fan, it needs to be the same depth as the standard corsair one so that i can still fit the hard drive cages in under the 5.25 bays, i have currently got 3 Hard Drives, and i am looking at getting an ssd very soon, therefore I need to use both hard drive racks.

Any Suggestions will be appreciated.

I recently got a corsair 600T and am in the process of receiving a corsair H100, now im wanting to replace the front fan with a 200mm red fan and get 3 GOOD red led fans for the radiator and the rear exhaust fan.

Can anyone suggest any decent fans which match this description? i dont want cheap crap fans, also id like them to have the 3pin connectors instead of molex connectors so that i can plug them into the h100 itself.

As for the 200MM fan, it needs to be the same depth as the standard corsair one so that i can still fit the hard drive cages in under the 5.25 bays, i have currently got 3 Hard Drives, and i am looking at getting an ssd very soon, therefore I need to use both hard drive racks.

Any Suggestions will be appreciated.

How much noise tolerance do you have? Are you looking for 2 120mm high performance fans with red leds? Or do you want a balance, or silent? Same with the 200mm.

For your 200 mm fan, you could go with this Cooler Master Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP, which is 200 x 200 x 30 mm. It spins at 700 rpm and is pretty quiet. I know the link is to Newegg and you are in the UK, but I linked it for illustration purposes for you so that you can look for it locally.

As for some 120 mm red led fans, the only ones I've messed with are Yate Loons, which use a sleeve bearing.

How much noise tolerance do you have? Are you looking for 2 120mm high performance fans with red leds? Or do you want a balance, or silent? Same with the 200mm.

Looking for high performance, i can always hook them up to my fan controller for idling ect.

For your 200 mm fan, you could go with this Cooler Master Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP, which is 200 x 200 x 30 mm. It spins at 700 rpm and is pretty quiet. I know the link is to Newegg and you are in the UK, but I linked it for illustration purposes for you so that you can look for it locally.

As for some 120 mm red led fans, the only ones I've messed with are Yate Loons, which use a sleeve bearing.

Thanks, the coolermaster was one i had looked at, but wasn't sure if it was any good or not. And the yate Loons are reasonably cheap, i am however thinking about wiring red leds up, might try it on an old fan before trying it on something better, Gentle typhoons for example?

Will the coolermaster 200mm fan fit in a 600t? I've been seeing that it doesn't fit in the normal 200mm fan mounts, so I've been afraid to buy one.

AFAIK, that Cooler Master 200 mm fan should fit in a case that is set up for a 200 mm fan. And it is the front fan that came in the HAF922 that I used for my daughter's build (QX9650 in my sig). It's been a pretty decent fan so far, with no problems with it and it's pretty quiet too. Cooler Master also makes a higher speed 200 mm fan, but it's a bit noisier also. I bought 1 of those for the HAF922 build and installed it in the top position and moved the non-led top fan to the side door position.

I've tried those Yate Loon red led fans too, they start off quiet but soon get noisy, not very good static pressure either so not an ideal intake or rad fan.

Ive got 2 120mm Coolermaster fans as my intake, they are a year old now and still sound quiet, I have them linked up to a fan controller and the slowest they will go is 800rpm fastest being 1800rpm, the slowest speed is just right to intake enough cool air to avoid stale hot air building up, plus I can't hear them over everything else in the case

Back