• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XPurEsDR

Registered
hey, at the moment my:
cpu is running at 27°c (stock cooler)
motherboard is running at 26°c
graphics card is running at 45°c (stock cooler)

yesterday i ordered a cooler master 212 hyper plus. and i am wondering whether it will really make my temperatures go down at all? could it possibly increase them?

my specs are:
CPU
Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20GHz 32 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology

RAM
Crosair Vengeance 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz

Motherboard
MEDIONPC MS-7658 (CPU 1)

Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB (at gpu clock 1000Mhz, memory clock 1200Mhz

Hard Drives
1465GB Western Digital WDC WD15EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device

Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Power Supply
650w

thanks for all your help.

hey, at the moment my:
cpu is running at 27°c (stock cooler)
motherboard is running at 26°c
graphics card is running at 45°c (stock cooler)

yesterday i ordered a cooler master 212 hyper plus. and i am wondering whether it will really make my temperatures go down at all? could it possibly increase them?

my specs are:
CPU
Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20GHz 32 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology

RAM
Crosair Vengeance 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 1600MHz

Motherboard
MEDIONPC MS-7658 (CPU 1)

Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB (at gpu clock 1000Mhz, memory clock 1200Mhz

Hard Drives
1465GB Western Digital WDC WD15EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device

Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Power Supply
650w

thanks for all your help.

It will not increase them by any means. Those are all idle temperatures which actually tell you/us nothing :)

To really judge your temperatures on your cpu, you can use either IBT or Prime95. If you run IBT, use the highest setting you are comfortable with. On Prime95, use the "Blend" mode. IBT should give you slightly higher temps than Prime95. If your temps exceed 80C while stress testing, I would not keep it there for very long and stop the test. It is possible you may on the stock intel cooler. BTW, both of these are stress testing programs used when overclocking and stress your CPU to 100% and your RAM some. The H212 will greatly reduce your temperatures and in no way will hurt them unless you mount the heatsink poorly.

Otherwise, your idle temperatures are fine. Get a new cooler, and you may be able to get a little overclocking started!

Edit: I've never heard of the motherboard. Then again, that is not a high end CPU. I don't know if you can even overclock on that board. If not, you still have a decent little system. :)

recieved my cooler master 212 hyper plus today, installed it. very please with it so far. running at 45°c on prime95.

planning on getting this motherboard then http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-P7P55D...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1325259438&sr=1-1
think i could get my i3 550 to 5ghz? or do i need a better psu?

5GHz! Absolutely not, but maybe something around 4.0-4.3GHz with an aftermarket air cooler. Remember, this is an i3, not something like the i5 2500k or i7 2600k. here are some benchmarks for your chip: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processors#key=core_i3_550

Edit: Your PSU is more than enough :)

iv read thread about lots of people getting this cpu to 5ghz. im atleast hoping for 4.5Ghz :)
and on the benchmarks for my chip it says average overclock 4.6ghz.

Good luck, keep in mind that average isn't exactly for 24/7 use. Some people have that chip under DICE and LN2. Look at the top benchmark, like 6GHz. Benches like those is probably by the average is so high. A 24/7 use o/c should be much lower. But, it's all about how comfortable you are :thup:

Back