• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many AC adapters do you have for your phone/notebook?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
I have 4 for my laptop. 1 65 watt adapter that came with it that is now powering a netbook in the closet (my server), then a 90 watt adapter that stays by my desktop at home, and then a 90 watt travel adapter that can plug into a car/airplane, then i just ordered a 120 watt adapter for a docking station i'm about to buy.

Then i have like 5 chargers for my phone. One stays at home, one goes on the road, one stays at a friend's, and the other 2 are old/broken ones. Every phone i've had in the last 4 years uses the same charger :D

So, how many adapters do YOU have for your Notebook/Smartphone/Dumbphone/iPod/iPad/Tablet/Whatever?

One for my laptop.
One for my tablet.
Two for my phone (work/home).

This is a family-full of adapters:

One each for three laptops = 3
HP Touchpad = 1
Two Kindles = 2
2xAtrix, DroidX, iphone4 = 4

5 or 6 from phones that we no longer have, but they're mini/micro USB so may be useful for something sometime

So call it 15. So not that many for a family of four I guess.

We have a big wooden bowl full of SDcards and flash drives I get free from Newegg for ordering boatloads of stuff from them, and about half the adapters

We call it the Tech Support Bowl

For my netbook I have two, one I always carry (compatible with everything, including airplanes, cars, universal wall plugs...) and one I always have at home.

For phones/Kindle, well. I have an infinite number of chargers, since I have some insultant amounts of microUSB cables and all the phones in my house are Androids (SGS, HTC Desire Z, 2x SGm) and I have another industrial amount of USB-wall adapters.

I have 1 wall charger for my phone though I rarely use it. It's an AC to USB adapter basically and uses the supplied micro USB cord to charge with. Most of the time I just leave the cord plugged into my PC to charge or charge at work with a 12v to USB with the USB cord.

Back