• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW YEAR... NEW SHIRTS! post up your ideas in here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

Well T32 it looks like its shirt time again. Since it has been so long since the printer did a run of shirts the original screens have been discarded. Whatever shirt we do new screens will have to be made.

There is a discussion here
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695251
about and pirate motif and if that really suits the team. Some like it some don't so i figured its time for another design contest. Post up your ideas here!

Here are a few guidelines.

These will be printed shirts not heat transfer (unless people like a design like that) so you have to think of old school screen printing. No shading and the more colors the more money it will cost to have done. We also have the choice of embroidery if some members want to go that route. If there is a big enough demand i will find out what the minimum is on that.

When i make it home i will fool around with some of the ideas from the other thread.

Lets see your ideas T32!

I understand this is not feasible due to it having to be screenprint, but figured I'd throw it out there for posterity anyway. Someone else mentioned it and I really dug it because I really like the main site logo.

The main site logo large across the back, and Folding@Home Team 32 small on one side of the front.

However it ends up I'm sure it'll be cool, I'll be in for at least two. Say up to $20-25 apiece for tshirts. 30-35 if they're long sleeve, and 50-60 for something like a hoodie. These things can't be cheap to make given the low volume we'd be looking for.

I'd like info on the embroidery option. I know nothing about this, but have the feeling that an embroided logo would need to be smaller to be reasonable in cost. My opinion is it would need to be a left side front logo only, instead of the larger logo centered across the front or back, of the shirt (hoody or whatever).

That would be excellent, imo.

I will get a quote on what it would be to get the logo embroidered. I can price it on a hoodie and a polo shirt. I can probably combine the orders. I do work for this guy so he usually cuts me a break.

We shall see

I'd be in for a hoodie for sure, I haven't bought a new one yet this winter, and lost all my old ones.

Especially if it was embroidered...

Heck, I'd probably take it to someone and get TiZakit put on it as well.

Last edited:
I like the idea of having the logo on the front small, and the logo on the back with performance folding community instead of performance computing community (which will be under the logo on the front) Or we could have OCF with the lightning bolt and everything through the O also with performance folding community under it. I'm down with tshirts, long sleeve shirts and maybe a hoodie. I don't really ever wear collared shirts

Back