• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wirlpeless help on Dell XPS 210

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Reignphoto

Registered
In the final stages of building my new rig (thanks to everyone here at the forum that chipped in advice) Now my wife has called dibs on the old machine a Dell XPS 210. Very small case. I need to make this machine go wireless. There is no room for a wifi card. I have seen some wireless USB adapters are these any good? It only needs to reach across two rooms maybe 30-40 feet or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

Lee

well almost all wifi cards use the same chip (ralink, i think lol) so no matter what you buy its not likely it will be much different. I have a edimax usb wifi (n) and it works great, through rain and about 100 feet. and by great I mean at least 3mbps which is my internet speed.
one thing to keep to keep in mind when setting things up, 802.11g is more stable then 802.11n .

Back