• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7RA are they that bad!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ltww

I've seen so many problems on different forums about the ABIT K7RA and it really put me off this board. But are all these complaints just a load of **** or do they really have some problems? If so would an EPOX board be any better?

Kr7a problems

I am currently running a Abit Kr7a raid board, and so far have pushed my fsb more than on any previos boards, no matter what product people use someone is gonna have trouble with it, Abit makes an extremly high quality product and I will buy abit again for sure:)

Xp 2000+ @ 1760
Swiftech mcx462
Abit KR7a Raid
256 mb crucial pc2100
Ati Radeon 8500 (retail)300/600
2x 40 gb on Raid "0"
13gb

Tbird 1400 @1500
Abit kt7a (non Raid)
Swiftech mcx462
768 mb pc133
20 gb maxtor 7200
32 mb ViperII

I have no problems with this board, execept that I didn't have the latest bios, which I do now, and everything is flawless!

I have the same setup:

Abit Kr7a-raid: amd xp 2000+ @ 1.75ghz fsb:140x12.5/13xmult.
30C/board temp, 48C full load cpu temp
Alpha Pal 8045/Sunon fan
maxtor 40gig 7200 ata133
samsung dvd
lite-on 24x10x40x cdrw
teac floppy
Windoze XP Pro

ltww said:
I've seen so many problems on different forums about the ABIT K7RA and it really put me off this board. But are all these complaints just a load of **** or do they really have some problems? If so would an EPOX board be any better?
It's a good board. Every manufacturer have their own little headaches with any of their products & frankly I wouldnt choose a board that has voltage issues.

I absolutely love the KR7A-RAID...oh and by the way...you can up the RAM voltage on mine to at least 2.75 i think you can go up to 2.85....I'll have to look.

The KR7A-RAID is an awesome board. Totally stable and VERY easy to tweak. DRAM voltages can be set from 2.55 to 2.85 volts in .10 volt steps. One thing about the board that I think everybody will agree on is that the DIMM slots are finicky and it can take several tries with POST attempts before you get all your DIMMs seated correctly.

Last edited:
Back