• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

580 GTX Replacement with artefacts and low benchscores...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

robned

Registered
Okey here I sit with a new Geoforce GTX 580 OC and testing it out. I just had my GTX 570 fried due to crappy memory.

I've played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 with best settings. My old card could do it with a charm. Now I get artefacts - lines running from the edges to the center of the screen now and then. It is pretty annoying. Like going inot "hyperdrive" in Starwars - not as many, thicker and in the reverse direction if you understand what I mean.

My case is open - I'm using latest drivers after uninstalling old drivers for the 570.

Furmark tells me score of 1300 at 1920x1200 and FPS down to 16-17 most of the time.

Checking with other scores I'm kind of par with a low GTX 570 score for my 580 GTX.

Temperature seems to stop at 60 and that is also when the choppy part comes in and FPS falls down. The fans don't reach more than 50%. And the GTX 570 on furmark runs at 21 FPS and max 75 degrees with scores from 1300-3200...

I'm not doing OC and I have not connected the card to my water-cooling rig. Just want to know what the heck is going on...

Any clue ??? Is it another faulty card?

:rain:

No clue about performance with Furmark, thats not a benchmark we normally go by here. Try running 3Dmark Vantage... and please list your system specs (in a signature preferably, if you have enough posts).

Temps are OK at 60C though.

Ok - tried the 3dMark Vantage and got the following score

3DMark Score
21669 3DMarks

Graphics Score

CPU Score

Jane Nash
67.4 FPS

New Calico
68.63 FPS

AI Test
2549 operations/s

Physics Test
22 operations/s

If I read this right it ain't that great? No artefacts - but some physics test run very slow - maybe supposed to?

The rig:
Intel Core I7-960 3.2
Nvida GeForce GTX 580 OC 1.5 GB 795 Mhz, 2004 Mhz. Stock settings / no oc
Mobo Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
6 GB Corsair Extreme (9 @ 667 MHz)
Corsair 850 W supply
SSD 120 GB Intel
Watercooled CPU. Haven't connected my GPU yet to Waterloop.

The reason I wrote that it only reaches 60 degrees is that it stops increasing after that. Fans run 50 % capacity and after that it doesn't accelereate, and framerate slows down - like it tries to throttle it down to below 60 degrees. But that was Furmark.

Hope you can give my some ideas..

Many thanks

Physics is on the CPU, so yes, its supposed to be slow. 21.6k sounds about right for that card and CPU to be honest.

As far as your artifacting, have you tried different drivers?

Physics is on the CPU, so yes, its supposed to be slow. 21.6k sounds about right for that card and CPU to be honest.

As far as your artifacting, have you tried different drivers?

Thanks for quick answer.

Have tried the default CD one, then latest released one + Beta...

All act the same with this game...

Back