• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Omg,please help a newb with a new build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dabandit1

Registered
Ok,im upgrading from a p4 yay!
This is my second build ever,today I nagged a 1090t sitting comfortablly in a crosshair iv formula with a coolit eco a.l.c watercooler,not what I was after but I got a good deal on the package......sooo now what...

I was thinking about mounting the radiator on the rear 120mm exhaust,simplly because the hose isnt long enough to reach anywhere else. I'm using a massive p4 alienware case with top mount psu....question is can I use the radiator and psu fan as the only exhaust? It has 3 80mm intakes and 2 60mm fans on the ram cooler. Can I make it work?

Next question I have a rosewill rx750 extreme psu brand new sitting in a closet for a year with all the modern goodies like sli and crossfire. Is it enough? I hear its crap will it explode...should I even bother?

Total specs are like so;
cpu-1090t might mildlly oc it maybe 3.8ghzish
Harddrive-velociraptor with a wd black 2tb down the road
Fans- 3x80mm
Cooler- Coolit eco a.l.c watercooler
Gpu- dont know yet something modest maybe crossfire..sugestions?
I run 2 asus dvd burners
I have 32 bit os kicking around so im thinking 4gb max 1600, probablly 1333 but down the road might go 64 bit at 8gb

I got 1100w in a random psu calculator..sounds high doesnt it?

Anyway if the rosewill is trash what might you gents recommend for my needs?

Light gamer;witcher 2 on med-high 40fps is good, Diablo3 on max........

Forgot to mention stupid tight budget

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Heres a pic of how short the hoses are and a picture of a tower identical to the one I want to put it in 100_1230.jpg

100_1232.jpg

You may want to swap the rear exhaust fan over to make it an intake to pull (hopefully) cool air through the radiator.

Problem solved had to buy a new case ended up with a haf 912,great case lots of mounting options for radiators and punch outs for hoses. When those 7 120mm fans come on I know I made the right choice lol

Thanks for the help

Back