• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good card and good deal at all? Thanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1MoreMinute

Registered
Hello, I found this deal and was wondering if this would be good for what I want to do, which is playing MW3 and light video editing?

This is a part of the ad...

===============================

This Water cooled kit comes with the 2 GPUs,2 waterblocks made for the 295's ,1 pump,1 dual radiator with fans,1 reservoir single den slot,

x2 BFG GeForce GTX 295 Graphics card - 1.75 GB - GDDR3 SDRAM --- Retail Price $270 New
x2 DD-GTX295 Version 2 - Single PCB : Retail Price $114.95 each
x1 Danger Den DDC-12V 3/8 OD Fittings --- Retail Price $74.95 each
x1 X-Flow Stealth GTS 240 Black Ice --- Retail Price $55.95 each
x1 DD-Single 5 1/4" Bay Reservoir --- Retail Price $Discontinued

================================

Thanks so much guys. :thup:

I spent about that much on a reference card versions of my gtx295 maybe 8 months ago so the price it seems is still going down on these as expected.
While I love my 295, it is showing its age a bit on some of the newer games like MW3 or BF3. If your planning on running at max graphics and details settings you'll notice this. I have to turn some things down in order to keep at least 60fps when playing single player campaign while at 1920x1080.

Thanks col_sanders for your info... That 250 price is for the 2 gpu's and all that water cooling system.

Anyways, heres what I am wondering. Those 2 cards being put together (sli) what card would that be compared to today as a single card? Hope that makes sense. I really want to do the water cooling for a cool affect but if those cards are too outdated I will not buy that system because the gpu card blocks are only for the 295's. Please bare with me with the questions, been out the game since 03 and still learning all this new tech thats out now.

Thanks

Back