• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN connection show wrong gateway

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

Ok I don't know why or when it started but my iPhone will sometimes show a gateway of 192.168.100.1 even know its set too 192.168.1 my desktop is alsO displaying the wrong ip any to fix this?

Thanks

We are going to need a lot more details than what you are giving. If your wireless router is setup as a DHCP server, that would explain why the addresses are different. How do you know your desktop system is "wrong'?

Explain your network in detail.

We are going to need a lot more details than what you are giving. If your wireless router is setup as a DHCP server, that would explain why the addresses are different. How do you know your desktop system is "wrong'?

Explain your network in detail.

if i go to the properties of the adapter it shows a ip of 192.168.100.x but its supposed to have a ip of 192.168.1.x but it wont get an ip from the router, i have tried to put a ip myself but that didnt work either

if i go to the properties of the adapter it shows a ip of 192.168.100.x but its supposed to have a ip of 192.168.1.x but it wont get an ip from the router, i have tried to put a ip myself but that didnt work either

looks like a bad lan cable as i changed it and now its working fine :shrug:

Glad it was easy.

If you have more questions in the future, though, you need a lot more detail. You'd want to list specific devices, how they are configured and how everything is connected. Otherwise, we are just left at guessing and that doesn't solved your problem efficiently.

Back