• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nighthawk AX5200 no internet connection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDMStanced

Router shows found but no internet connection. This happened again after a power outage. I called Netgear and they wont even help since it’s out of 90 days phone support. It’s so stupid.

Ive done multiple resets and unplugging and plugging but no fix.
IIRC, last time i talked to an agent, he had me go to default gateway(mine doesnt show wireless category), manually set IP on Internet Protocol version4, changed some numbers (maybe DNA) on network setting and did other things but i cant recall exactly.
Can someone help?

Everything functions. Its just the setting i gotta adjust like i did before with the agent. I cant remember what it was

Let me go back to the modem question raised by Janus67. Forgive me if my questions sound condescending but we have no idea what your level of technical knowledge is. Do you understand that a modem and a router are not the same? Also, who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Is this DSL or cable internet service? Is your gateway device (the box provided by your ISP) just a modem or is it a combo modem and router? Another way of asking that last question is does the ISP gateway device have more than one ethernet patch cable port?

Let me go back to the modem question raised by Janus67. Forgive me if my questions sound condescending but we have no idea what your level of technical knowledge is. Do you understand that a modem and a router are not the same? Also, who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Is this DSL or cable internet service? Is your gateway device (the box provided by your ISP) just a modem or is it a combo modem and router? Another way of asking that last question is does the ISP gateway device have more than one ethernet patch cable port?
So much this. :)

Also, call your ISP instead of the router people (praying we know the modem is not the router here...). They support those configurations in a limited way. They should at least be able to get you connected to the internet.

Back