• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jeetyet Media takeover

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creadoris

Registered
Is it just me or has Jeetyet media taken over the internet?

When I am browsing quite often Jeetyet Media decides I need to see an ad and redirects me for a short time. This happens on many different and unrelated websites and has only started to occur in the past few days.

Is this something everyone is experiencing or is it more likely some malicious and illegal advertising software that has made it onto my computer?

Thanks

Creadoris

Last edited:
Virus?

Never heard of it.

Assuming it was a virus. Would that not make Jeetyet Media liable for prosecution for deliberately infecting peoples PC's with software purely designed for thier own personal gain?
Especially considering this "software" has the potiental to impact on both productivity and security of everyone infected.

I have also been seeing Jeetyet a lot. I actually just saw one now when I navigated to this page. I've also been seeing Text-Enhance messages more and more, even on Wikipedia (not exactly known for running adds). I also recently saw a Jeetyet redirect on the local school district's homepage.
Since I haven't noticed these redirects and Text-Enhance links before, I am also suspicious of a virus.

Fully updated Malwarebytes, AVG, and Super Antispyware turned up nothing with complete scans.

I have also been seeing Jeetyet a lot. I actually just saw one now when I navigated to this page. I've also been seeing Text-Enhance messages more and more, even on Wikipedia (not exactly known for running adds). I also recently saw a Jeetyet redirect on the local school district's homepage.
Since I haven't noticed these redirects and Text-Enhance links before, I am also suspicious of a virus.

Fully updated Malwarebytes, AVG, and Super Antispyware turned up nothing with complete scans.

I am the same. Protected up to the hilt yet it persists.

EDIT:

I received the below email from Jeetyet media following a complaint I sent to them in regard to there adverts:

Thank you for contacting us. We have disabled the ads associated with the PageRage product from the browser that you had sent the ad inquiry. Please note that this is browser specific.

If you are still seeing this issue then you may need to go to your browsers "Add-ons" - "Extensions" - "Yontoo Layers" - From here you may disable or remove the program.

Please contact us if you continue to see this issue so that we can address it accordingly.

Thank you for the inquiry and your support.

Sincerely,

PageRage Support Team

I followed the direction in the email and since then I have not observed any adverts or pop-ups from Jeetyet.

Hope it helps someone out.

Last edited:
UPDATE:
It turns out I was not completely up to date. Malware Bytes was about a week old and AVG was up to date, but Super Antispyware was more than a month out of date (I had auto updates turned off for some reason). I updated/checked for updates on all three again, dug out an old Spybot Search and Destroy and updated and then ran full scans with all four.
AVG missed everything and Malwarebytes only found 6 threats. I was pleasantly surprised that Spybot and Super Antispyware each found more than 50 (63 and 52 respectively).
I removed all the stuff they found. It was almost entirely tracking cookies, but there were a few spywares (or more likely just glorified tracking cookies) and some adwares, but nothing serious.

I will post an update later on whether the Jeetyet messages were stopped.

EDIT: Just got another one. I'll try Creadoris' solution and report back.

Last edited:
Back