• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Duplicate P-States for HD 6290 (C-60 APU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funkster88

Alright so I want to get higher FPS for Warcraft III on my Acer Aspire One D722, which sports a C-60 APU that comes along with an HD6290 GPU, right?

As I kept tweaking the game settings, there were no good changes in performance so I just decided to learn more about the capabilities of my GPU. I learned that this HD6290 is beefed up by some TurboCore technology which lets the core GPU clock climb from 276 MHz to 400 MHz as needed. I downloaded FurMark in order to get some benchmark scores when i discovered something weird:

GPU Shark shows that I have two performance states for my GPU, but the funny thing is, theyre both set as:

- GPU: 275.9 MHz
- Mem: 533.0 MHz
- VDDC: 0.875 V

so yes, even if i go P0 or P1, i get the same damn 275 MHz and there doesn't seem to be a performance state which is supposed to provide me with 400 MHz. I'm set to high performance in windows, and im plugged in. Using AMD drivers bundle 8.861.0.0 for the HD 6290.

I wonder what is causing this, I want to be able to get the 400 MHz as I should. I suspect that the 3rd party application named BrazosTweaker might have done something wrong to the power states, but I check that one out and the Northbridge P0 and P1 show different values from one another in there, with NB P0 mult = 40/9, VID: 0,8875 and NB P1 mult = 40/12, VID: 0,8750.

Please give me a helping hand here. I am considering re-installing Windows to get rid of the BrazosTweaker's effects. But I'm not even sure if that would solve the issue. But is there anything else you guys would suggest.

Back