• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new build review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

hope this is better
wishlist2.jpg

Better than what?

You sure you can't scrounge up another $30 for the i5-2500k?

Should also check for combo deals on your stuff.

Better than what?

You sure you can't scrounge up another $30 for the i5-2500k?

Should also check for combo deals on your stuff.

better than what's in my sig what's special about the 2500k?

2500k is the beast on overclocking, even if you're not gonna overclock it is a worthy investment for just 30 bucks

is there a review or anything that compares the 2500k to the non K series cpu's? cause i just dont see anything that justifies the higher price when the one i chose would be just as good plus i dont plan to OC

the only thing about it that seems special about it to me is it can be overclocked very high very easily, the only thing this computer is going to be used for is photoshop, some 3d modeling, second life, and a couple of guildwars clients, but it seems to me that the one i chose would be good for this aswell

its entirely up to you, but think about the worthy investment for the future :thup:

I didn't notice what power supply you have chose.

i have a antec 650watt psu here thats not being used, i also took manu2b suggestion and order the 6850 instead of the one i chose, i also went with the 2400 cause i didnt see any reason but overclocking to get the 2500k thanks for the help all

i have a antec 650watt psu here thats not being used, i also took manu2b suggestion and order the 6850 instead of the one i chose, i also went with the 2400 cause i didnt see any reason but overclocking to get the 2500k thanks for the help all
I think I just died a little inside. /sadface :rain:

You're welcome.

Going with the 2400 is no big deal actually.
If you feel a lack of power, you could always resell it and buy a second hand Ivy Bridge, as your board is compatible with this new architecture to come.

Back