• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking To Purchase Laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alex_chris

Hi Folks,

I'm planning to purchase laptop for business use. Can anyone recommend me some good laptops?

Thanks,
Alex Christopher

Last edited by a moderator:
:welcome:
Hi Alex. You should probably remove your email address and full name from your post - it'll just be picked up by spammers or bots crawling the site. :)

If you want a Windows machine, I would recommend you get a Lenovo. A T520, T420 or X220, depending on how big you want it to be, would be a great choice. Will you just be using it for general tasks like Microsoft Office, or do you have other specific use cases in mind?

http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/thinkpad/

I have heard very good thing about Lenovo. I also recently recently purchased a Toshiba which is very well built for the money.

Are you looking for mobility or a desktop replacement that you can travel with every now and then?

I would go with lenovo and also i don't like Toshiba because the rule is you get what you pay for and Toshiba's (or at least the 3 that i have/had) broke with in the year that i bought them.

I have a Lenovo W510 and I love it. Solid, fast, robust, good spec. I overestimated how long I'd have to play games on it though :)rolleyes:) so if I was choosing again I'd go for the T510 (T520 now) and forgo the more powerful video card for a smaller unit with better battery life.

EDIT: My W510 takes a daily beating, by the way.

Back