• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just purchased

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MangoMan305

Registered
Just ordered this build from newegg. I will be using my old hard drive from my old desktop with windows installed since hard drive prices are still extremely high. What do you guys think of the build? I still have time to cancel and change it up. :)

Attachments

• build.png
    build.png
    68 KB · Views: 67
Well I already got charged within minutes so I cannot make any changes to the order. I still hear want to hear everyone's opinion though.

Thanks I cant wait for it to come in. My current laptop is being all screwy, games I play (WoW, HL2) gets massive FPS drops a few minutes into gaming. I have no idea what it is.

Overheating, maybe?

Regardless, should be good. I have the 955 BE, clocked at 3.8GHz. Runs everything great.

Dear oh dear.. Shame you didn't post BEFORE you bought.. I probably would've changed a few things to be honest.

Though for the price; it'll be a solid enough machine... I guess.

That PSU worries me.. Never heard of it.. 650 unit that cheap usually means it's not really a 650w unit lol. But I could be wrong. There are some brands out there that are decent that I've never heard of. :shrug:.

Have fun with it! =)

hell be lucky if it starts out of the box, lots of DOAs lol. He'll be even luckier if it only takes his processor with it when it dies assuming its not doa lol

Silverstone also make some great value quality PSU's. I concur with the others, the PSU is the most important component to get right, I'd recommend replacing it with something better.

Antec Neo Eco 520W (Requires separate standard ATX cable)
Antec VP 550.
Corsair CX V2 500W
Silverstone Strider Essential/Plus series 500W
Even the OCZ Fatal1ty 550w isn't a horrible unit.. And it's partially modular.

Jeez you guys are really making me worry about the PSU. The reviews on Newegg seem solid enough to justify the purchase. But I agree with you all a PSU is very important.

I'll be using the computer to play games such as HL2 games (TF2,CS:S,DoD:S), SC2, Diablo 3, and WoW.

Even the majority of PSU reviewers don't know what they're talking about. There are very few websites with the equipment and knowledge to accurately review a PSU.

Jonnyguru.com and [H]ardOCP are two of the best.

Back