Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Display and Sound Technology > Sound Systems & Audio Devices
Sound Systems & Audio Devices Including sound cards, speakers and other audio devices.
Forum Jump

Are there any 384 kHz sound cards available for desktops?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-12-12, 12:46 PM Thread Starter   #1
AMD K6
Registered

Red face Are there any 384 kHz sound cards available for desktops?

Greetings.

I am in search of a 384 kHz sound card to measure audio equipment. I've only stumbled upon 192 kHz which is not high enough for frequency measuring.

Can anyone direct me to a link offering 384 kHz sound cards for a desktop computer.

Cheers!
AMD K6 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-12-12, 01:51 PM   #2
txus.palacios
Premium Member #18

There are some soundcard-esque devices that can output 384kHz. f.ex. this, but this outputs to a I2S interface, you'd require a I2S DAC and some DIY skills to make something out of this. http://www.exadevices.com/

EDIT: It seems that they recommend the ESStech ES9018 DAC chip for the 384kHz. Now you just need to find something that has an I2S input and that chip.

The only sound I want to hear out of my computer (unless I'm gaming or watching a movie) is the hum of my 6000 rpm fan pushing air through my heatsink. - Seebs
If I turn up dead, somebody make sure they put "should have just benched in the cold" on my tombstone, along with my most recent superpi32m score. - I.M.O.G.
I didn't go water-cooling for an air-cooling Vcore!! - bluezero5
I'll rm -rf /yourface/* - thideras
txus.palacios is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-12-12, 02:23 PM Thread Starter   #3
AMD K6
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by txus.palacios View Post
There are some soundcard-esque devices that can output 384kHz. f.ex. this, but this outputs to a I2S interface, you'd require a I2S DAC and some DIY skills to make something out of this. http://www.exadevices.com/

EDIT: It seems that they recommend the ESStech ES9018 DAC chip for the 384kHz. Now you just need to find something that has an I2S input and that chip.
Cheers mate.

At least it is a start. I may just contact the developer if the 101 page thread on Diyaudio does not answer my questions.
Old 03-12-12, 02:33 PM Thread Starter   #4
AMD K6
Registered

It appears this device only supports playback which, will not work for sine wave testing hardware audio equipment's frequency response over a broad frequency bandwidth.

Are there any other choices available for a 384 kHz sound card?
Old 03-15-12, 04:55 PM   #5
PanteraGSTK

10 Year Badge

Only consumer level stuff I know of is all playback related. There aren't very many recording devices that can record at that resolution.

This isn't technically a sound card, but here ya go. You're not going to like the price.

http://recording.org/mastering-engin...khz-ad-da.html

http://www.antelopeaudio.com/en

EVGA 750i SLI FTW, Q6600 @ 3200mhz 1.325v, vdroop mod, Kingston pc8500 4gb, 2x 8800GT in SLI, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB,WD 320GB for games, Xclio 650w psu, Scythe Infinity 2X Kingwin 80cfm 120mm fans, X-fi xtreme gamer, Windows 7 Ultimate

Bill Gates over heard saying "If i had a penny for every time Windows Crashed... Oh wait, I do."
PanteraGSTK is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Display and Sound Technology > Sound Systems & Audio Devices
Sound Systems & Audio Devices Including sound cards, speakers and other audio devices.