• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you mod Corsair Hydro series?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esCob4r

I know this will void the warranty of the product but I was curious to know how you would safely take apart a corsair H60 to add liquid to it? I doubt I will even try it but I remember someone suggesting I do this to get my computer running cooler. I lost the post and never got around to asking how I would go about taking apart an h60, add liquid and what kind, and how to put it back together making it leak proof.

This is the 1st video of a 5 part tutorial for modding the H50 which is similar to the H60.

Does look like a lot of work for a minimal improvement in temps.

The whole point of the H60 was that its a sealed loop that will neither need refilling or leak. What you're doing defeats the purpose of both. If you want a custom look by all means do that otehrwise you're barking up the wrong tree

The whole point of the H60 was that its a sealed loop that will neither need refilling or leak. What you're doing defeats the purpose of both. If you want a custom look by all means do that otehrwise you're barking up the wrong tree

Yes I understand that by doing this I risk messing up the h60. I have yet decided on whether or not I want to try it but I have been told by many that the corsair hydro series don't ever seem to get fully filled up with liquid. I mainly just want to be able to top off my liquids and possibly increase the performance of the h60.

If you bought it recently, I'd return it and get a high-end air cooler. The only H series coolers worth the money, IMO, are the H80 and H100.

I have been looking into using one of the few I will mention

Corsair A50 Corsair A70 Cooler Master hyper 212+ Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Evo(if available) Cooler Master N520 EVGA Supercooler Cooler Master V6GT Cooler Masters V8..

Out of those mention which would be the best choice over the Corsair h60? Also if there are any other choices not listed but stay around the same price range please feel free to mention them.. I love the h60 but if I can out perform the h60 with an air cooler of similar price I would like to do so. I would have a 50 dollar spending budget because thats how much i got the h60 for.

If you bought it recently, I'd return it and get a high-end air cooler. The only H series coolers worth the money, IMO, are the H80 and H100.

Yah I was thinking of doing that but I was thinking wrong and ended up picking up a 2nd 560. Which I like but not sure if I am fully satisfied with. The h80 is about 95bucks and the H100 is 110 bucks. And I do not think I can fit my h100 in my CM Haf 912 while allowing me to have a rear exhaust fan.

Probably the best looking heatsink I've ever set my eyes on. Decent price/performance. Probably around the same performance as the A70.

Ok so what heat sink would perform about the same as the h60? You think I would get the same results using the Hyper 212+ or even maybe the Hyper 212+ Evo if its available at the store?

I need to go there tomorrow and exchange my video card. I could go there and do just that but figured I could try to get something in place of the h60 that might work a bit better. Will only have 50 to spend. If I get a hyper 212+ then ill have an extra 20 bucks to put towards maybe a better graphics card. I uono. I are confused yet again

What is your cooling budget?

The Corsair A70 is a decent heatsink, but has ram clearance problems if your ram has tall heatspreaders. And I think you would have interference problems with your Ripjaws in your sig with the first slot or 2. The V6GT is in much the same boat I believe.

Looking through the cooler list on the compusa website, I would think you could use the following:

NZXT Havik 140
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Noctua NH-D14 (have to offset intake fan a tad, but doable)
Zalman CNPS9900-Max

And that's about it. Too bad you don't want to get the TS140 through Amazon. That is a kick @SS cooler and it's cheaper than the choices above except the Hyper 212 Evo.

Have a V-8 in my HAF912 and love it. Also have corsair vengeance ram in it and have no problem with clearance outside fins sit high enough that you can still get them out if needed without removing anything. little more pricey than some you have listed. V-8 is also very mod friendly if you wish to do any thing in that line.

I went ahead and returned the h60 so I could have more money for a card. I got the hyper 212+(non evo) for compusa local store doesn't carry it and I am quite surprised right now. My temps are lower with this then they were with the h60. Is that even possible? At the moment I am only using the stock speed.

Edited sorry...

Last edited:
Back