• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocked multiplier???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zxzxzx

Registered
Hey everyone,

My rig is the 1st one in the sig. So I was overclocking with the bus speed on my Phenom 8600 and i had hit 2.9GHz with 250x11.5. There were some options for changing the multiplier up to 35x but i never used them because i thought that the multipliers were locked and i don't have a black edition cpu. However, then i changed the multipliers my clock speed changed and the multiplier settings actually seem to work! I though this was a bit odd on a multiplier locked cpu so i thought I'd post it here. Any idea what's going on??

EDIT: CPU is now at 60 degrees C 200x16 = 3200MHz

Last edited:
I figured that it was too good to be true. Turns out to be some glitch because my cpu is running at speeds of 7GHz+ and there is no difference in performance...

Don't all the FX Bulldozers have unlocked multipliers? Where do you get that your CPU is running at 7 ghz? That's just not going to happen unless you use extreme cooling like liquid nitrogen.

It appeared to be at 7ghz in the BIOS, Windows and some other applications but it didn't seem to be able to fool CPU-Z or CoreTemp.

Back