• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

24" LG power issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvt.Dancer

So I'm thinking the issue im having with my monitor has to do with the power board inside the monitor i pulled apart the monitor but i dont see anything that looks wrong. basicly when i hit the power button what happens is that the power light flashes very quickly and it slowly gets longer and longer and eventually kinda turns on to the point were the logo flashes till it usualy gets to the logo and freezes there and at that point i can un plug it and then back in and it will turn on at this point the monitor is dead but if i sent a pic in would anyone be able to maybe guess whats going on? something i maybe need to replace?

thanks in advance for the help ill get any info needed if you need more than whats already there.

Look at the tops and bottoms of every capacitor on the PCB.
The top should be flat, the bottom should be clean and dry.
If one or the other fails, the cap needs to be replaced.

I had one that was a little bowed at the top but not completely popped and the bottom looks clean but ill try and go over it all again in more detail with more light tomorrow.

EDIT:I just looked over it again and im really not seeing anything amiss :\ Im not really sure if its worth diving into further or start selling parts... anyone want a 24" panel :D

Last edited:
sure if you want to give it to me for free i'll take it :D

chances are that cap is the problem, theres probably something like 5-10$ in capacitors that need to be replaced. I just did this recently on one of my old lcd's and brought it back to life.

hmmm I would need to do some research iv done some minor soldering in the past but nothing like this would it be to hard?

Your only replacing through hole capacitors, the can shaped ones. You shouldn't have to mess with the others. Take a pic of the board and post it in here. We can probably give you a better idea of the difficulty.

I will when i get a chance i have some odd hours over the next couple of days but ill get them up ASAP so i can try it. Thanks for the help.

Back