• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 520 120GB underperforming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baby3ater666

As the title says I just got the Intel 520 120GB SSD in. I installed Windows 7 Pro x64 on it and ran the AS SSD test. Reads are 490 MB/s and Writes are 190 MB/s!? What is going on here? I have it hooked via SATA III but I also have a SATA II Intel X-25M hooked up to the SATA III port. Is this messing with it in anyway? I also have a RAID 0 config for my VRapts. What am I doing wrong?:bang head

Run that test again, along with ATTO, and post screenshots here.

Running a SATA II drive on the same controller shouldn't cause an issue.

Here it is. For some reason the ATTO looks a lot better! AS SSD gave the same results over and over again so didn't bother.

Attachments

• attobench.png
    attobench.png
    42 KB · Views: 55
Going based off ATTO, it is performing correctly. I'm not sure why the other program is giving different readings.

Doesn't it have to do with compressed vs uncompressed data? I think Sandforce excels at compressed, while Marvall excels at uncompressed.

Back