• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Caching SSD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should be fine as far as I know. You'll want to use them as a cache instead of standalone drives, since there are probably better choices for standalone SSDs.

Should be fine as far as I know. You'll want to use them as a cache instead of standalone drives, since there are probably better choices for standalone SSDs.

I know that I cant use it as a standalone. I just wanted to know if I will have any problems with using caching ssd with the x79 chipset.

The last time I remembered from reading certain post on this forum. That the Z68 seems to be the only one that supports caching.

At least some Asus boards do I believe (P9X79 Pro). But yeah, if it doesnt support it, then it wouldnt unless those drives you linked are an all in one solution where the drive's software is doing the caching (EDIT: They are).

Back