• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC MY asus Sabertooth x58 1366socket with I7 920 2.66hgz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skitz1985

Hi guys,

Gonne tell u my english is not the best so srry for that!

Well...
I started 4years ago with gigabyte x58 UDR3 and it was good with i7 920, i bouth G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-2133 X 2 so 16gig
and i want to OC this motherboard but it was to old for my new videocard got stripes with it , so now i got asus sabertooth x58 With my I7 920

Before i go further here is my system

WIN 7 64-bit
motherboard : sabertooth x58
top_1600.jpg
CPU : i7 920 2.66ghz
Cooling pasta : Artic silver 5 tube
cooing : hyper cooler 212 with 2 fans
2012-01-25-product-1.jpg

Phantom Big case with FANS in totaal 11fan's !
power suply : GS 800w crosair

memory: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-2133

idifghj3.jpg

CASE:
535474_286896388062245_100002256584050_622917_1880974035_n.jpg

I have tryed everything for oc, i got some good builds and bad, but i am really seeking for Stable build, and the only thing am I have troubles with 'i think' is my memory timings i dont get it, there always on ' auto ' so i think to change it to but how do i set them right?

am srry am noob in timing rams :s dont know nothing about it -

So is there anyone Runs a I7 920 with G.Skill 8 GB DDR3-2133 x 2 these memory's?
or someone who can tell me how to do it,
please no link to other site's probly i saw it, just explaine it to me please!

just let me see ur build ' GOOD BUILD ' with 4.0 GHZ cpu + good timings for my memory's....

I hope One of u can help me!

Cheers:attn:

Last edited:
Welcome... check out the overclocking guide for that platform located in my signature. :)

You need to step up and take the plunge sometime. After reading the guide here, you should be able to start the process on your own. Every chip is different so people with the same setup may not work as well.

Thanks mate, Still its hard to understand in english how to do things, well i know english and i can write little speak little , its easyer to see some Numbers and follow them with stable build, easyer to follow guide on ur own language, i just need to learn to begin with the beginning set clock ratio to 12X then see how its dooing but some more MHZ in to it en so on..... No one can explane me in Nederlands guide? am from belgium so language nederlands vlaams ....
hehe or some good builds with numbers ! + explane me every thing i must dissable and enable with asus boards ,bios is diffrent than gigabyte had this one before so :s
on the english guide u see 2 or 3 thing u must set disabled but there plenty more u can disable or enable some one?....

And other thing, when i have a stable oc build , and i do prime 95 for 2 hours and its fine, no matter what build i have just slowing my computer boot down like my icons with startup they go white and 20sec later they show up like WTF i OC this and it go slower, any one had it?..
maybe its my memory? ...

Hard drive. The slowest part of booting and startup is your hard drive. Get an SSD. Solves that problem.

Ok now EIST is Disabled,
C1C3 thats Diabled,

Hmm after 1 hour its going to 80c and more so i quit the 4.0 ghz turbo was of its on 21x 200 blck what about the uncore set it on automatic?
i need to lower blck maybe? to 180 and turbo it ? maybe thats better?

Last edited:
Back