• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HIS 7850 - No HDMI Audio Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I cannot seem to get the audio through my HDMI cable to work properly even if I install the ATi HDMI Audio driver from Realtek it stops responding and there's no sound at all the device is listed under device manager as AMD HD Audio device and is working properly but there's no device under AUDIO devices from the Realtek HD Audio manager.

I removed the all the drivers and started again only this time I tried the 12.3's still the same issue

Last edited:
In audio playback devices you will see ati hdmi audio and u have to have a specially made ATI only grey dvi to hdmi adapter and it'll work automatically once set to default. I bought a $2 dvi to hdmi with all the pin and i get no hdmi audio so it's gay as hell! that we need a f*cking $10 dvi to hdmi adapter to get audio on these ati cards...

Back