• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800GT NO VIDEO OUTPUT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

specializer

Hello,
I bought a asus p9x79 deluxe, i7 3820.
have thermaltake 700w, evga 9800gt video card 1gb, corsair vengeance 4x4gb memory,
I have done bench test, nothing plugged in other than cpu,video card, ram and still no video output.
Tried different card, still no video, tried also just 1 4gb ram stick adn still no video output. HELP

does your motherboard have a integrated video card? if so you might have to connect to the on board video and go into bios and select pci for it to use your dedicated card.

no onboard video, this is ASUS p9x79 deluxe mobo.
i have tried different PCI-e slots, still no video

there any warning lights on the motherboard after its powered up?also did you update the bios using the usb flash tool on the back of the pc?

I have tried 2 different monitors, which both work fine when plugged in a different computer,tried different dvi outputs on the card

if havn't already done so i would update the bios on the board,and see if it fixes the issue, http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/
its easy basicly you format a flash drive to fat32,download the bios from asus and ad them to the flash drive unziped,then you push and hold the bios button for a few seconds til it flashes leave it in til its done flashing(about 2 min) and your done=)
looks like its a cpu code im guessing your problem is the 3820 isnt supported in the bios you have on the board shipped its a common problem as the 3820 is a new cpu and you probably got a motherboard that has been sitting on a shelf for a few months,so that cpu came out after that motherboard shiped with its current bios.a bios flash should fix you,here is a list of bios codes for that motherboard:
uefi-bios-codesx.png

Last edited:
it usually takes a good 2 minutes some people have reported up to 5 minutes.try to pull out all your ram and try it again maybe as all it requires is power anyways.
also did you rename the bios file to: P9X79D.ROM as instructed on the bios download site?

Back