• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LWJGL Framework / Snake Game demo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
Ok guys so ive been looking at LWJGL for about a month now and I have managed to scrape together enough of a framework to handle making simple 2d games in a component hierarchy. The framework is far from done and even this little snake game has more work to be done , but its proving to be a very useful prototyping app.

Im not releasing any code here today but ive included a short video clip. I am currently working on a series of write ups on LWJGL as I feel like its about ready for prime time with phones getting faster and cheaper.

View attachment gameDemo2-1.zip

Note 1: so for whatever reason VLC does not capture the mouse cursor when over the GL window so what you will see in the beginning is a demo of me clicking and moving the info frame and then clicking its close button. Everything else was done via keyboard controls.

Note 2:The native resolution of this video was 1920x1200 it has been scaled down to 1440x900 to keep the file size down. The video is an m4v file encoded in h.264

Note 3: If you'd like to see even more awesome productions coming down the pipe from myself and others here at OCF make sure you vote to support the digital showcase linked in my sig!

Back