• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Are these good timings for my RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdfox

Alo all, been messing about with my corsair vengance and i think i have managed to get them stable @ 1866 with these timings.
What i would like to know is... Could i manage to tighten up the timings a bit and if so what would be a good place to start. Ive read through a few guides on OC ram but can not get my around it totally.

How the heck do i make the attached pics look readable ?

Attachments

• snip.PNG
    snip.PNG
    304 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Yep, I think you could go to 9-9-9-24, maybe even without voltage bump.
Worth a try.

If you don't post, you can try pushing up the RAM voltage (max 1.65v), but I think you would be good to go with 1.55/1.6v.

@jdfox
I would start from setting CR 1T and next try to set CL9 and lower tRAS to ~27/28. I'm not sure that IC you have there but lot of Vengeance kits were on Hynix ( or latest Elpida, you can read revision number from sticker that is on memory ) what means that they should be working at about 9-10-9-27 1T ... with some luck.
I don't know from where you got these timings but if your memory can make tRCD 10 @1866 then it's already good. Try voltage up to 1.75V for tests and up to 1.7V 24/7.

@jdfox
I would start from setting CR 1T and next try to set CL9 and lower tRAS to ~27/28. I'm not sure that IC you have there but lot of Vengeance kits were on Hynix ( or latest Elpida, you can read revision number from sticker that is on memory ) what means that they should be working at about 9-10-9-27 1T ... with some luck.
I don't know from where you got these timings but if your memory can make tRCD 10 @1866 then it's already good. Try voltage up to 1.75V for tests and up to 1.7V 24/7.

1.75v on SB could kill the IMC VERY quickly.
Max safe is 1.65v...

Legends ... no proof :) I was benching a lot @1.8V with 3x 2600K what was max of my asrock board and lately up to 1.9V with Celly G530 ;).
Max save supposed to be 1.5V ;) While Intel wasn't even sure writting that in specification :p

Legends ... no proof :) I was benching a lot @1.8V with 3x 2600K what was max of my asrock board and lately up to 1.9V with Celly G530 ;).
Max save supposed to be 1.5V ;) While Intel wasn't even sure writting that in specification :p

Benching and 24/7 is kind of different though...

I can bench with my [email protected], but would not run it that high for 24/7 operation.

I would not take the risk, but that's just me;)

That's why I said up to 1.7V for 24/7 ;)
From voltages that can easily kill SB is mainly vcore and pll . Vccio is usually up to 1.4V on most boards so it may decrease stability but shouldn't kill IMC.

Well i finally got stable @ 1866 9-10-9 24 2t passed memtest ok not too shabby for these sticks, they would propbably work better in the B-D slots insted of A-C dimm slots but cba swapping might do 2moz. cheers fellas

I can't make out anything in the pic. you posted, but I'm assuming the rated timings at 800MHz are 8-8-8-24. Effective bandwidth at DDR3-1600 and 8-8-8-24 is probably higher than at DDR3-1866 and 9-10-9-24. Instead I would try tightening the timings, including sub-timings at the modules rated 800MHz.

The speed isnt truly special because those DIMM are 2 GB size only. It would be impressive specs at 8 GB size. Basically as higher the density as more difficult to have a fast running RAM, and quality is even more important than at the "small sized" sticks. They are hand tested for a good reason, because only a few 8 GB sticks are able to run truly high (1600 and above) at good timings. So they have to sort them out, which isnt cheap, thats one of several factors why quality RAM got such a huge increase in price.

Last edited:
Back