• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Build Log] Stealth Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oblivi0n

I pulled the trigger.

Components:
3570K CPU w/Corsair H60
ASRock Extreme4-M MB
16GB 4x4 Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM
PowerColor HD7850 2GB
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Lite-On BluRay Reader
Coolermaster Silent Pro M600 Modular PSU
Silverstone TJ08B-E Case

Design/Cable Management:
I am planning all black components. SSD will be hidden. Will add some fans and sleeving later once I get everything laid out. Going for small and stealthy.

Overclocking Plans:
Planning on going to 4.2ghz (100x42). I want to keep the voltage low, the heat low, and the system quiet but with a nice little boost in performance.

I have not nailed down my plans for the RAM yet.

I have also not nailed down my plans for the GPU.

Progress as of 6/1/12:
I picked up the CPU and SSD today at Microcenter. Rest has shipped from NJ/TN via Newegg/UPS. Probably will not have everything in hand until early/mid next week. Will take a few courtesy shots of the CPU/SSD tonight when I get home.

Could've gotten $50 off if you got the motherboard from MC too :(. Special promo they're running.

Personally, I got rather sick of big cases after my current built. Cheers for mATX! :beer: I love the color theme too, can't wait to see pictures :).

CPU and SSD. CPU is a malay. Gonna unbox and update firmware on the SSD, can't do much more for now :(

IMG_0994.jpg

Back