• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Belkin n450 DB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

Just bought this router tonight as wanted to upgrade to a faster model.

I noticed that my connection on the WiFI is only peaking at 72mbps. Im not sure why its so low or if thats how it should run.

Router is in same room 5 feet away from computer. Ive done many different settings and just cant seem to get it higher on connection speed.

neulv6.png.jpg
1z5t2lu.png.jpg

If you're connecting to the wireless N then there's no need to attempt to force the wireless G to 40mhz. I don't think it transmits on 40mhz anyway, part of what makes wireless N better.

I'd disable QOS on the 5Ghz (it's set to ON, last setting above). Make sure any advanced properties on the wireless N card in the computer for minimum power consumption are disabled. There may also been transmit speed settings, try tinkering with them to force N only or try AUTO and see if that helps.

If you're connecting to the wireless N then there's no need to attempt to force the wireless G to 40mhz. I don't think it transmits on 40mhz anyway, part of what makes wireless N better.

I'd disable QOS on the 5Ghz (it's set to ON, last setting above). Make sure any advanced properties on the wireless N card in the computer for minimum power consumption are disabled. There may also been transmit speed settings, try tinkering with them to force N only or try AUTO and see if that helps.

Along with that check the specs/limitation of your wifi card. Definitely force N spec.

It looks like my WiFi Card is not Dual Band card. It connects to 2.4 Wireless N connection, but the 5GHz Does not show up in the available networks.

Ive gone in the settings on the card and put it on full performance, and in the router turned off QoS as Well. But since the 2.4GHz band is only 20mhz itll never fully utilize the 150mbs since its half.

I guess if i want to use 5GHz band, ill have to buy a external adapter that will utilize it.

If it's a laptop you might be able to find an upgrade mini-pci card to replace the current internal one. Rarely are the wifi cards built into the motherboards.

Ew, well your guess is as good as mine whether the card is swappable. I'm going to guess it is, more than likely similar design to how a laptop would be laid out. How to get to the slot for the card could be tricky, some of those AIO boxes are tricky to get inside.

Yea, the computer is under warranty. I could complain to gateway and see if they would swap it out for a better card thats Dual Band Capable.

Worth a shot, and if they try to sell you an upgraded card then you know it's available and probably easy to install. There's probably youtube vids on how to open the case.

Back