• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IPv6 on Dlink DIR-615 and Motorola SB6120 not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

as the title states IPv6 is not working, i belive its the router because when the SB6120 is plugged directly into the computer it works fine, i have an IPv6 set of address and its much faster, but the dlink DIR-615 is not getting any IPv6 infor from the modem and the modem doesent have any IPv6 addresses when the router is plugged in too...

its odd. its almost as if the computer and the modem talk and say yea we can do this new things but the router isnt talking and then it just defaults to IPv4

Have you tried connecting the computer directly to the modem? Who is the ISP? I use Comcast, and they still haven't upgraded to IPV6. I have to use a tunnel to get there. For normal browsing, etc - I see no difference in IPV6. The only time I notice a difference is when using torrents, I can usually get > 2Mb/s vs 500-750kb/s

yea the SB6120 is the modem and in the first post i did say that plugged directly in it was working. kicker is they are doing it via 6rd and the modem doesent give me the option of 6rd. i'm wondering if updating to dd-wrt if i will have that option.

the odd part is that according to charter 6rd isnt supported by windows 7 but i was getting ipv6 addresses when i had it plugged in directly.

some charter IPv6 info:
http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/Support.aspx?SupportArticleID=2665

Last edited:
yea thats what i was afraid of. maybe i'll shoot dlink an e-mail, there should be a firmware update for it but if not i thing the DD-WRT flash should support 6rd

Back