• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Photoshop autoresizing PNG layers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

I am using photoshop for watermarking pictures, and I set the watermark in the bottom right corner of a 1000x600 png file with transparency but for some reason it gets shrunk when I add it to my photos and I have to transform it to make it the right size again.

Is there a way to disable that feature completely or at the very least hold a button while dragging image on?

Thanks

What do you mean "when I add it to my photos"? What "my photos"?

Why are you "dragging image on"?

In photoshop save the file as... (flatten the image first), or save it for the web in a JPG format. Dragging and dropping isn't how a Windows user uses their PC. :p

For watermarking I have photos and then jpgs I made of excel charts. I have a second monitor with open explorer windows one for the watermark one with the photos of whatever and I dump the dump by jpgs of charts in that folder as well.

The waterwark is a transparent PNG file.

To get around having to resize it for every photograph, I crop, and touch up the photo. then shrink the photo to 1000px wide. Then I drag n drop the PNG watermark into Photoshop it automatically adds it as a layer I right clcikc select place, merge visible and save as JPG.

the problem is my excel charts do not need to be 1000 px wide usually, so when I drag n drop the watermark.png into photoshop, it automatically shrinks down in size to fit the width, and then I have to stretch it back out to make it fit properly. I use the mouse to do so and it skews the proper ratio a bit.

sorry I do not know all the proper terminology im a PS n00b.

Here are examples. You can see in the chart that the watermark is not at the proper ratio its slightly squishes, this is because I free transform it because it gets overshrunk when I drag it onto the chart.jpg because it is only 500ish pix wide.

box-front-2.jpg

PCVantage1.jpg

Back