• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor flickering on and off when booting programs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lesdawg

Whenever I boot up Diablo III, the screen will go white as if its going to load the login screen and then the monitor goes into a series of flickering on and off along with a horizontal black and white checkered bar near the bottom of the screen. I usually keep hitting the escape otherwise a blue screen will pop up and the computer restarts.

When I hit the escape key enough times after, I'm sent directly back to the desktop and I'll get a "display driver stopped responding and recovered" message at the bottom right of the screen.

Afterwards I'll continue to opening up Diablo and everything loads up fine.

This usually only happens whenever I "wake up" the computer after its been in "sleep" mode.

I've downloaded and installed all updated drivers (although I'm not sure if I did it correctly.) Running Windows 7 Enterprise

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Whenever I boot up Diablo III, the screen will go white as if its going to load the login screen and then the monitor goes into a series of flickering on and off along with a horizontal black and white checkered bar near the bottom of the screen. I usually keep hitting the escape otherwise a blue screen will pop up and the computer restarts.

When I hit the escape key enough times after, I'm sent directly back to the desktop and I'll get a "display driver stopped responding and recovered" message at the bottom right of the screen.

Afterwards I'll continue to opening up Diablo and everything loads up fine.

This usually only happens whenever I "wake up" the computer after its been in "sleep" mode.

I've downloaded and installed all updated drivers (although I'm not sure if I did it correctly.) Running Windows 7 Enterprise

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have this issue with my Laptop, if i maximise video on youtube it will crash, but not if i do it with media player.

Honestly, its always been an issue for my laptop since i changed from 1gb ram to 2 gb ram, so i suspect hardware not working together.

I honestly cant say if its hard or software issue. But im putting money on hardware since my lappy does it with any windows installed on it.

Back