• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tiny WU??!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustyfender

ok so up until about a week and a half ago i was getting 600 base point wu that would get me around 40K a day on my i7 then i had to reinstall linux and since then ive been stuck getting 88 base point WU. am i just having poor luck or is something very wrong.

Something very wrong would be my guess. Look at your system monitor and see how many cores are being used. Sounds like you are now folding uni-processor wu's. :cry:

Very little points from them, and very little science results from them.

You perhaps didn't add the -smp flag correctly? Accidentally set up the folding client with bad values for smp folding?

It's possible that FAH ran out of smp work units, but very unlikely.

I would say they ran out, I got lots of those a while back, but within the last 1.5-2 weeks, I've been getting 8046 WU with base points of 180 and getting credit of 1700-2000+ points.
When I installed V7 on my 1090Tx6 and FX-8150x8 systems, it defaulted to smp.

It's possible that FAH ran out of smp work units, but very unlikely.

Getting stuck on a project is nothing new. p8001 and p8004 are valid SMP a4 projects worth 88 base points. They fold very fast and produce the ~ same ppd as other SMP a4 projects. Normal behavior.

If you want to get off that project, add client-type with a value of advanced to the slot. You may get a p8046, worth 180 points, but producing 4x the ppd of any other SMP project.

The base value of the WU is unimportant. The ppd that it produces is what matters.

well im running a v7 client in a linux VM now. i checked to make sure client-type = advanced was set, still getting these 88 point ones. which produce about half the ppd of what i was producing when i was getting the 600 base point units. (about 18Kppd, same as my i5 got back in january) and i was looking at the performance monitor all the cores are being utilized.

If it was already set to advanced, then remove advanced. Changing the assignment request, will most often, but not always, change the assignment. After you get a different project you can turn advanced back on. The best producing WU out there is p8046 and it is only available on advanced. The a4 WUs, in general, produce less than a3 Wus, but that is normal. Getting Ws that overproduce makes the ones that underproduce look worse than they really are. Changing client-types and reported memory are the only ways we have to influence WU assignment.

ok ill try that when i get home from work.
**edit**
aliright changes made ill report back in an hour when this one is done and the new unit assigned. the ones ive been getting are 8047. hopefully i get something different

Last edited:
oh was it. well that's lame. wish i was still getting the 600 BP ones i was getting b4 those were getting me 40K a day on my 2700K. but at least now we have the answer to this problem

The base points was changed from 180 to 84 for projects 8046 and 8047.

hmmm the base points may have changed but all i know is my i3 at work really likes them
:drool: getting 18Kppd from it
newbitmapimage3v.png

I got hold of 2 7647 WU's, it looks like it will take 1.4+ days to do :)
are these bigadv or did I just get hold of some big smp WU's? :shrug:

I have been getting a lot of these small base point work units also, and I have been okay with it: Remember, the science is more important than the points! Maybe the Pande Group is onto something with these Huntington Disease projects and wants them to be folded as soon as possible. I can only hope ;)

Rustyfender, changing your passkey sounds like a lot of trouble. I don't know how it would even be done and idk if it would be a very good idea since it may change your stats in an unfavorable way. Plus I doubt it will fix anything since many people appear to be in this same situation

I got hold of 2 7647 WU's, it looks like it will take 1.4+ days to do :)
are these bigadv or did I just get hold of some big smp WU's? :shrug:

I believe they're just bigger smp wu's. All the bigadv projects that are out there now (that I know of - 6901-6904 and 8101), use the a5 core. 7647's use the a4 core.

Back